Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-12-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
twinszz
Connoisseur
twinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enough

Device: prs 300, 600, 950, 350, & T1
Downloading Public Library Books for Nook STR

How does one get library books onto the Nook STR?

Thanks
twinszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinszz View Post
How does one get library books onto the Nook STR?

Thanks
Install ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) on your PC.
Authorize your PC and the Nook with you Adobe ID.

When you download a library book it will show up in ADE.
Connect your Nook to the PC using the USB cable.
Within ADE drag the book to your Nook.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
Gotadimple
Zealot
Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nvidia Shield
Your library should also have reference material online (videos, descriptions) to help you set up your Nook and ADE, and show you how to download a book. If that's confusing, take your Nook and PC cable into the library. Librarians love to share info.
Gotadimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:58 AM   #4
Rob Lister
Fanatic
Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Here's what I went through

To do that, I had to...

Find the library homepage and discover I needed an on-line account.
Discover I had to actually go to the library to set up the account.
Visit the library to find out what my account user id and password is.
Attempt to flirt my way out of paying some late fees.
Pay the late fees.
Go home and sign on to the library's home page using my new id.
Find the very-well-hidden e-book link.
Select a book for download.
Download the book.
Scratch my head at the 2kb file that wouldn't open.
Actually read the instructions.
Download and install Adobe Digital Editions.
Go to the Adobe website and get a user id and password.
Promise Adobe the first born of my three sons.
Tell my installed copy of ADE what my user id and password was.
Open the file I previously downloaded in ADE.
Hook up my nook to my computer.
Authorize my nook in ADE.
Transfer the book to the nook.
Disconnect the nook from my computer.
Open the book on the nook.
Rob Lister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #5
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Nook Simple Touch
It gets much easier after the first book!

One of my early experiences; I waited and waited for a book and when it was finally my turn, I was so excited and newbie-ish, I downloaded the Kindle version...I own a Nook. So I had to go back on the waiting list...
tdonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert