Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #46
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
When this device will be available for the US market? it look like it would have all the dream features for ereaders!
I think, Yar-Pocketbooker has already answered this question in post 23 of this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
Unfortunately, it won't be imported to the US... afaik...(((
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #47
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
kacir, I've exhausted all my karma, but really do not know how to thank you: I had checked the greenreader site a couple of days ago, and they did not even have the PB30+ for sale.
My good friend Google took me to that page when I searched for "Pocketbook touch" ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
you say that the touch has a cover "a la 360", which came as a total surprise to me as it was not in any of the videos I had seen: is this totally sure?
I was listing this cover as one of three things that the reader is MISSING from "all the dream features for ereaders".
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #48
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I was listing this cover as one of three things that the reader is MISSING from "all the dream features for ereaders".
ah, in my excitement I missed the "Except perhaps for": yes, I agree that would make it an absolute winner.
Still looking good, though
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #49
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
No, it is not based on Android. See here for more details
Thanks pkbo; you're a fount of knowledge!

The translation said that it was based on the Pro firmwares. I wonder if the executables for the Pro devices will still work on the Touch? Or maybe they are moving completely to Qt instead of Inkview?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #50
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Some owners (or testers not sure) tried coolreader on it and it worked fine. The only problem I did not manage to complete touch support in the coolreader it will be not that convenient to use compared with applications specifically adapted for the model. If they will move completely to Qt libinkview will still remain. Their QT port uses it as low level layer to access screen and buttons.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert