Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-14-2011, 02:28 AM   #331
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I gave up on mine! Took it back. Not Techy couldnt get any information on how to work it! Sooo Disapointed!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:06 PM   #332
kathicake1
kathicake1 began at the beginning.

Device: Craig 7" from CVS
FINALLY, I upgraded to 2.2, now I need help in getting flash.
I am technically challenged so I do need step by step instructions....
kathicake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2011, 03:09 PM   #333
soricon
soricon began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
I rooted mine following these instructions: Many screenshots and step by step instructions that made it easy even for me

http://reviewhorizon.com/2011/05/how...ndroid-tablet/

Last edited by soricon; 05-23-2011 at 03:14 PM. Reason: links
soricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:32 PM   #334
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
Sounds like a nice "stepper" unit. You know you can always find a task to dedicate it to when you get a better one.
HDMI is nice, even traded for Bluetooth. And Froyo right up front is nice.
Good find!
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #335
LadyDrac
LadyDrac began at the beginning.

Device: Craig CMP-738A
Hi! I just purchased one of these tablets over the weekend and hadn't had time to do the update or reboot, when it started giving me a message: "Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I have shut it off, plugged it in, unplugged it, done whatever I can think of to fix this and nothing works. Any ideas? I'm new to all this stuff and have no "programming" experience whatsoever! :-( PLEASE HELP?!?
LadyDrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2011, 11:17 PM   #336
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDrac View Post
Hi! I just purchased one of these tablets over the weekend and hadn't had time to do the update or reboot, when it started giving me a message: "Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I have shut it off, plugged it in, unplugged it, done whatever I can think of to fix this and nothing works. Any ideas? I'm new to all this stuff and have no "programming" experience whatsoever! :-( PLEASE HELP?!?
If you haven't done anything at all to the unit and it's giving you that error message, the best thing you can probably do is flash the memory with the update.

Try this link with the rooted version of the firmware.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:52 AM   #337
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Since you just bought it, I'd suggest taking it back and exchanging it for another unit. It's possible that it was shipped defective from the factory and that it will never work exactly right.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #338
LadyDrac
LadyDrac began at the beginning.

Device: Craig CMP-738A
Smile Thanks!

Many thanks to Bhartman36 and Carld; I took the original unit back and was fortunate enough that the CVS had one unit left! I'll try loading the update on that one and, hopefully, all will go smoothly. Thanks again for all your help!
LadyDrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:49 AM   #339
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Many thanks to Bhartman36 and Carld; I took the original unit back and was fortunate enough that the CVS had one unit left! I'll try loading the update on that one and, hopefully, all will go smoothly. Thanks again for all your help!
Hope it worked for you.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:04 AM   #340
Ditchleyportrait
Fanatic
Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
wow this is really cool. only a hundred dollars?! all that crap i bought at cvs at that price!!
Ditchleyportrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:06 AM   #341
bhartman36
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchleyportrait View Post
wow this is really cool. only a hundred dollars?! all that crap i bought at cvs at that price!!
It's a pretty cool device. I even got a roll-up keyboard for it on Ebay for < $10, so I can type on it when I want to write longer things. (I'd be cautious with that, though. The first such keyboard I bought didn't work.)
Old 06-22-2011, 07:08 AM   #342
bhartman36
Wizard

Went to my local (across the street) CVS yesterday, and they didn't have any of the tablets. I looked on the website, and I didn't see it there, either, even though I could still see the LookBook and that cheap "netbook" they were selling.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:57 AM   #343
MicDizzle2
MicDizzle2 began at the beginning.

Device: Craig Android Tablet,iPod Touch 2G
Quote:
All of them are like that until you root them go on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5c60...e_gdata_player to root it.
MicDizzle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:01 PM   #344
irep146jesus
Jesus Freak
irep146jesus began at the beginning.

Device: craigs 7" android tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchleyportrait View Post
Lol! Thats funny..
irep146jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #345
irep146jesus
Jesus Freak
irep146jesus began at the beginning.

Device: craigs 7" android tablet
You know, i find that for some reason 2.2 just isnt pleasing me. Too many errors. Less apps. I just been sticking with 4.3. I want 2.2 but i had a hard time with it. Maybe its the tablet.?
irep146jesus is offline   Reply With Quote