Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #31
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Wish they had something really new and different. Yawn!
Like what? What do you expect a tablet to do? Make your coffee in the morning and mop the apartment?
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #32
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Like what? What do you expect a tablet to do? Make your coffee in the morning and mop the apartment?
I would gladly spend both $300 and $400 on a tablet like that. If it took out the thrash I'd even be willing to spend an extra $50.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #33
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
Quote:
Maybe he's expecting it to give a happy ending and light him a cigarette afterwards.
You wont get much more for your money spending $200+more on a ipad

And is the Ipad 3 a quantum leap in technology compared to Ipad 2 ?
Asus have never produced a high spec -quad core cpu ,12 core GPU +high res screen tablet before at this price and nobody else has. You can hardly say it's Incremental improvement.

The NEXUS 7 has what most people want and there voting with there WALLETS and its becoming a land slide victory as the ballet box's/stores are showing.

One small step for Asus, one giant leap for Android kind

Last edited by darksaber35; 07-24-2012 at 02:37 PM.
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #34
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I would gladly spend both $300 and $400 on a tablet like that. If it took out the thrash I'd even be willing to spend an extra $50.
LOL
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #35
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
LOL
Imagine a tablet that would peel your bananas. What wouldn't that be worth?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #36
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Imagine a tablet that would peel your bananas. What wouldn't that be worth?
LOL - and I'd pay extra if it would climb trees to fetch them
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #37
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Part of the problem is, availability.

I have a Nexus S 4G, which has 16 gigs, and no SD card. I have heavily used the cloud with it, and my data usage shows. This past week alone I've used 2 gigs of data from 3g or 4G. Wifi, not so much, because right now, I only have wifi access at my house (but I do use wifi exclusively at home), so I've clocked in 338mb.

Being that the Nexus 7 is wifi only, the cloud would be largely useless to me. I can't be the only one in a situation where they won't always have reliable wifi connections when they want to use the device. Even if it had 3G/4G, with the cell data networks being so spotty (why I use wifi exclusively at home, I lose all data connectivity there), and how much they're limiting data, the cloud isn't as enticing.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:10 PM   #38
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Part of the problem is, availability.

I have a Nexus S 4G, which has 16 gigs, and no SD card. I have heavily used the cloud with it, and my data usage shows. This past week alone I've used 2 gigs of data from 3g or 4G. Wifi, not so much, because right now, I only have wifi access at my house (but I do use wifi exclusively at home), so I've clocked in 338mb.

Being that the Nexus 7 is wifi only, the cloud would be largely useless to me. I can't be the only one in a situation where they won't always have reliable wifi connections when they want to use the device. Even if it had 3G/4G, with the cell data networks being so spotty (why I use wifi exclusively at home, I lose all data connectivity there), and how much they're limiting data, the cloud isn't as enticing.
Personally im considering rooting my Nexus 7 as it's the most easy process for any tablet i have ever seen.There are a number of benefits including unlimited storage via USB memory sticks that almost every one has.I ordered my cable but it will be a few weeks before it arrives.

1.Rooting the device -very easy and very few steps to do it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q6uB...ature=youtu.be

Software root kit
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1742919

2. Then you install a App called StickMount which allows to attach USB storage devices
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ickmount&hl=en

3 Buy a Micro USB Host Cable OTG Cable for Samsung Galaxy S 2 I9300 i9220
Once you you have attached a Micro USB Host Cable OTG Cable you can attach ANY USB memory stick or self powered portable hard drive or any other USB device for that matter to your NEXUS 7.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320950613490

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FUNYSA/

TOTAL COST =about $3 or less for the cable
TOTAL COST of having the latest and greatest android Tablet for the price with unlimited storage - Priceless
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_ccyk1ngcwk_kgrhqz_loez_7vnunebnmuwozodg__3.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	89689  

Last edited by darksaber35; 07-25-2012 at 06:06 AM.
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #39
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
There are many possibilities. New display technology is what I am really waiting for. New form factor (foldable, rollable, etc.). Incredible battery life, to mention just a few. The Nexus 7 is nice, but it doesn't do anything I can't do with my current tablet. So I fail to get all excited and rush to upgrade.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #40
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
those occasional times I am not in the range of a wifi network.

http://scripting.com/stories/2012/07...LteIsPoty.html
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #41
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Surprised by demand??? I doubt it. Sounds more like a marketing ploy to me.
yes......
Old 07-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #42
ScotiaBurrell
Banned

Quote:
and drive me too work
Old 07-24-2012, 09:38 PM   #43
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
The Nexus 7 is nice, but it doesn't do anything I can't do with my current tablet. So I fail to get all excited and rush to upgrade.
I agree that if you already have something it doesn't have a lot for most folks to want to run right out and upgrade. I got an 8GB one today (in exchange for doing a review) and so far it's quite nice (screen is beautiful), but not something I would have run out to buy since I already have a Nook Tab (although I already like the Nexus better) and an original Transformer.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #44
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
There are many possibilities. New display technology is what I am really waiting for. New form factor (foldable, rollable, etc.). Incredible battery life, to mention just a few. The Nexus 7 is nice, but it doesn't do anything I can't do with my current tablet. So I fail to get all excited and rush to upgrade.
Those things wouldn't come with a $200 price tag. The Nexus 7 has a very clear objective: be the tablet for the masses, do the job properly and push Android forwards. You should be able to get foldable screens fairly soon, but don't expect to get away with a couple of benjamins.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:39 PM   #45
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
The Nexus 7 has a very clear objective: be the tablet for the masses, do the job properly and push Android forwards.
We can definitely agree on this.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote