Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Now open ?

Sorry for a kind of repeat, but should perhaps have put it here first - anyway, recieved notice that UK Reader store now open for business - haven't had time to try it myself though.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
There seems to be very little in the store.

And boy, does the Reader (Mac) software scroll really horribly!
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #3
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
I am glad to see it's up but ...

I haven't made an account yet as I'm worried it will mess up the adobe id I already have through ADE, I read somewhere you had to use the same name and password yet the Sony store won't let me because it won't let you use symbol's in passwords which is pretty weak.

I could be completely wrong but I don't want to risk it
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:58 AM   #4
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

if anyone wants to browse the somewhat meagre shelves in a normal web browser, the URL seems to be http://lu.ebookstore.sony.com/.

It is much more pleasant using a web browser than Sony's Reader (Mac) software.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
if anyone wants to browse the somewhat meagre shelves in a normal web browser, the URL seems to be http://lu.ebookstore.sony.com/.
It is much more pleasant using a web browser than Sony's Reader (Mac) software.
Thanks for the link! I was wondering if they had a website similar to the US and Canadian bookstores. I wish they would take these websites and enable shopping carts so that one could purchase via the Internet rather than the Sony software.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:32 AM   #6
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ummm.....

Sony Store UK ...

"Top Authors".........

"Jeremy Clarkson
Jodi Picoult
Michael Palin
Nicci French
Noam Chomsky
Nora Roberts
Patricia Cornwell
Penelope Lively
Roald Dahl
Thomas Keneally"

P'raps it's the "broad church" road they're going down .......
Old 04-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #7
chrisridd
Guru

They have real problems with non-ASCII names too. Anyone fancy reading a book by "John le Carr?" :-)

http://lu.ebookstore.sony.com/Select...o?prodId=34622
Old 04-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #8
Polarpenguin
Groupie
Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS- T3S, Kobo aura H2O Kobo aura One Kobo libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
I am glad to see it's up but ...

I haven't made an account yet as I'm worried it will mess up the adobe id I already have through ADE, I read somewhere you had to use the same name and password yet the Sony store won't let me because it won't let you use symbol's in passwords which is pretty weak.

I could be completely wrong but I don't want to risk it
I was able to use a symbol in my password. I did use the same name & password as my adobe ID, though it wasn't actually intentional.

No problems with ADE, double checked by transferring a previously bought book (Kobo store) to reader.
Polarpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #9
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
Having read this thread I've just had a quick look at it myself.

I tried to download a few free books, simply to test the service but I'm just getting errors for the downloads after checkout.

It could be teething problems, I'll try it again in a few days.
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #10
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feenix1363 View Post
Having read this thread I've just had a quick look at it myself.

I tried to download a few free books, simply to test the service but I'm just getting errors for the downloads after checkout.

It could be teething problems, I'll try it again in a few days.
My bad, still had my email address attached to a US acount. The UK bookstore doesn't have free ebooks

All works well, but as others have said, the choice is still poor yet. They have a 'less than £2' section, with 'no items in this category'. Good to see that Sony have waited so long in order to 'get the offering right'.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #11
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by feenix1363 View Post
My bad, still had my email address attached to a US acount. The UK bookstore doesn't have free ebooks

All works well, but as others have said, the choice is still poor yet. They have a 'less than £2' section, with 'no items in this category'. Good to see that Sony have waited so long in order to 'get the offering right'.
indeed. I did download the Observer yesterday and found it worked really well. well formatted and great way to read a paper - I will certainly do that again.
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #12
feenix1363
Lost and clueless

I'm sure that I will use it as it integrates well. But only when it has something on there that I actually want. The range is so poor at the moment that I simply got bored with looking for titles that aren't there.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #13
chrisridd
Guru

How does reading a newspaper work on the T1?
Old 04-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #14
carpetmojo
Wizard

[QUOTE=feenix1363;2044847]I'm sure that I will use it as it integrates well. But only when it has something on there that I actually want. The range is so poor at the moment that I simply got bored with looking for titles that aren't there.[/QUOTe

Yes, happened to me as well....
Old 04-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #15
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
How does reading a newspaper work on the T1?
I works well. when I downloaded it I was worried I would get the normal paper in digital form and that I would end up spending my day zooming in/out and navigating around the page. instead I am presented with table of content split into sections and sub sections with easy navigation to the articles I wanted to read. I don't know if all the papers are like that but the observer certainly is. for 90 pence in think that is good value.
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote