Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 05:16 PM   #1
estanca
estanca began at the beginning.

Device: lumia 520
Lightbulb Personal growth books

Hey everyone!

I've never had the pleasure of being in the company of such a large group of people who're interested in books, before. So let me just start off by thanking you guys for being so friendly in the forums and by further stating I'm in high hopes of learning a lot with you guys. Perhaps we can all have even more fun from this experience.

"The power of Now", "The 7 habits of highly effective people" and "How to win friends and influence people". Those books are awesome and my personal recommendation to anyone seeking to improve their life and general posture.

That being said, I'd like to ask you guys for the following:

What similar books do you personally enjoy and what "old" cult classics do you recommend? - By old cult classics, I mean things like the cave allegory or any general philosophy that presents that new, awesome way of thinking to the reader.

This sort of books can do wonders to one's growth. If there's any negative feeling right now towards those books is that I havn't had the luck to read them before in my life. Let's get a nice compilation of "must-haves" going in this thread. Perhaps even the most hardened veteran can stand to gain something?

Old 07-23-2014, 03:49 PM   #2
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
There is a very recent thread on this topic here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=241083

eP
Advert
Old 07-25-2014, 12:08 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
There is a very recent thread on this topic here:

eP

Yes, go here, please:

Thread now closed.

Don
(Moderator)
Closed Thread