Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-08-2007, 10:00 PM   #1
Otter
Connoisseur
Otter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-500, PRS-505, PRS-650, ipod Touch, ipad 2, NC, Kindle Scribe
libprs500 Error Message

I was wondering if anyone might have an idea of what is causing this error. I have a .lit file that I am trying to convert to read on my Sony Reader. Bookdesigner will not open it. Clit gives an error trying to open it too. I can read it within MSReader however. When I try to use libprs500 to convert it, I get the following error message: "utf8 reader tried to read past an internal file boundary! Tried to read 101 characters, but only 61 bytes are left."

Since the other progs just give a generic error message, I am hoping libprs500's message might actually provide a clue as to what is going on, but it is way beyond my understanding.

Many thanks for any help!
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:15 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I once downloaded something in MS Reader format from some website where the book have some error in libprs500 and didn't load in Book Designer.

What you can try to do is convert it with ConvertLIT (clit) into HTML and see if it works. If not, it's a problem with the file and nothing you do will work. My guess is that MS Reader is more forgiving of errors or that because MS Reader is only reading a part at a time it has not yet gotten to the error where libprs500 and Book Designer read the entire file so do hit the error.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2007, 10:20 PM   #3
Otter
Connoisseur
Otter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-500, PRS-505, PRS-650, ipod Touch, ipad 2, NC, Kindle Scribe
Ok thanks. I guess it is somehow just a bad file. MSReader will read it as you mentioned, but clit goes through the motions, creates a new folder, but inside the folder it is empty. Trying amber litconverter gives an "error opening book" message. And BD just gives a pop error something like : .lit ???....html ???... . I've seen this happen with a few other .lit files before but only a small percentage of the time. With MSReader you can only copy/paste one page at a time, so I guess there is no way to save the entire book.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:57 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Looks like you are best to just give it up. Either read it on the computer for delete it and forget about it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote