Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-02-2008, 04:53 AM   #16
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Thanks, Jelby. Do you mean renaming the metadata name or the file name?
I mean just the filename. I think I had this problem, or a similar one, when I had filenames with non-ASCII characters, the Cybook would be confused, probably because the filesystem's encoding does not match the internal processing encoding... Anyway, it's just an idea, I would rename the mobipocket file and delete the .mbp file, and see what happens.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:56 AM   #17
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Fictionwise's naming convention is often only suitable for computers .... I always rename downloads as they save, to a convention I can understand.....(simple me)

.... I thought this last page memory / bookmark issue had been addressed by some of the firmware upgrades ?

It looks suspiciously like the problem here could be book orientated ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2009, 04:15 AM   #18
veocolores
Enthusiast
veocolores doesn't litterveocolores doesn't litter

Device: Bookeen CyBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
Best check the entire filesystem on the card for errors.

Cybook software is embedded Linux. When such Linux finds any problem on filesystem, during normal operation, it puts the entire filesystem in read-only mode, for safety. It might not tell you that, it will continue operating normally, but from that moment on, until you fix the filesystem, it won't write anything into the files that remember bookmarks and your current position in book. So it won't be remembered.

Hi!!,

First of all, I'm sorry for popping up this old thread, but I have similar problem, and after reading this one, I've found that you say this about linux puting the file system into read-only mode.

In my case, it doesn't remember any book position, nor any font-size selection or bookmark, as soon as I exit from the book it looses this things.

I've tried fixing the filesystem from WinXP, but nothing happens..., any clue on this?

EDIT!!: OK I've fixed it:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...60&postcount=9

Thanks!!

Last edited by veocolores; 05-11-2009 at 06:38 AM.
veocolores is offline   Reply With Quote