Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-29-2009, 01:36 AM   #1
kleinbiker
kleinbiker began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Problem with epub to lrf with changing font size and line spacing

I am trying to change the font size to 9 as well as change the line spacing to 2 when converting an epub to lrf. I've tried various combinations via the UI as well as through epub2lrf but can only get one of them to happen - either the font size or the line spacing change.

I tried something like
--override-css "p{line-height:2 font-size:8px word-spacing:2.5px}"
in epub2lrf which doesn't work.

In the UI, I tried entering the font size in both the UI option as well as in the CSS override to no avail.

Any idea why this might be.

Thx.
kleinbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #2
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I'm also trying to do this. In the Extra CSS I put:

p {line-height:12.5}

and try different values for the line height, but the values seem to be ignored.

Can you change the line spacing with epub input and LRF output? It seems to work with other input files/types.

Thank you,
John
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 10:49 PM   #3
wygit
Enthusiast
wygit doesn't litterwygit doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
I found on indents, it was pretty fussy about syntax. It wouldn't accept :
p, div, span, blockquote { text-indent: 0px; }
it needed :
p, div, span, blockquote { text-indent: 0pt; }

OH! wait... on the Preferences page, there's a prefered font size and line height.
THAT's what I used for those settings. They worked fine.
wygit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:34 AM   #4
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can someone help me out. I'm not sure how to use the font size/line height in the latest version.

In a previous version of caliber, 0.5.x, I was able to get a line spacing I liked for LRF output. I set the font size to 10.2, and used the extra CSS I specified in a previous post. In the latest version, I can't seem to get the same results.

I set the following fields:

base font size: 10.2
font size key: 10.2,10.2,10.2,10.2,14,14,16,16
line height: 20.0

No matter what I set the "line height" to (I tried 10, 12.5, 20.5), it doesn't seem to matter, I always get the same line height.

Take a look at the attached input txt file. No matter what I set the line height to, the output LRF file always comes out as 3 pages in the Calibre viewer and 4 pages in the Sony viewer.

Thank you for the help,
John
Attached Files
File Type: txt test.txt (2.8 KB, 323 views)
Old 12-17-2009, 08:55 AM   #5
John F
Grand Sorcerer

I'm going to go back to version 0.5.10, as I seem to have better results with that version.

Kovid, thank you for an excellent program! I get a lot of use out of it.
Advert