Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-31-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
stop__dreaming
Addict
stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Collections; Kindle 3; Calibre

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm not very tech-savvy and after playing around with Calibre plug-ins for a while, I gave up.

If I have, for example, 30 Stephen King books, can these be inserted within a created folder done via Calibre? Or do I have to individually select each book manually on the device (Kindle 3) itself to insert into the folder?

Thanks.
stop__dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:49 AM   #2
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Kindle Collection plugin ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stop__dreaming View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm not very tech-savvy and after playing around with Calibre plug-ins for a while, I gave up.

If I have, for example, 30 Stephen King books, can these be inserted within a created folder done via Calibre? Or do I have to individually select each book manually on the device (Kindle 3) itself to insert into the folder?

Thanks.
Hi
Have you tried the plugin meme made, Kindle Collection plugin ?
You can find it in the Plugin section.
It's extremely flexible, but if you just want a collection for each author, it should be simple. You can even specify specific authors to create collections for.
Cheers, Per
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2012, 03:59 AM   #3
stop__dreaming
Addict
stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchrist7 View Post
Hi
Have you tried the plugin meme made, Kindle Collection plugin ?
You can find it in the Plugin section.
It's extremely flexible, but if you just want a collection for each author, it should be simple. You can even specify specific authors to create collections for.
Cheers, Per
Thanks for the reply, Per.

So by using this plugin, it can create collections on your Kindle via Calibre? Because I did have a go and I couldn't seem to get it to work.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by stop__dreaming View Post
Thanks for the reply, Per.

So by using this plugin, it can create collections on your Kindle via Calibre? Because I did have a go and I couldn't seem to get it to work.
Did you follow the directions exactly
A Kindle Restart is needed after sending the 'collection' information.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:58 AM   #5
stop__dreaming
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Did you follow the directions exactly
A Kindle Restart is needed after sending the 'collection' information.
Haha, I think so

I'll give it another go later.
Advert