Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-02-2011, 10:52 AM   #61
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The question I have is about stock already in the stores. What about getting them updating to 1.9.10 (at least) so users won't have to deal with the storage error before they get the firmware updated?

If I was just a regular user who didn't know about the error and the new firmware, I'd think it was defective and want it swapped for a working unit. And then if I got another that also failed, I'd return it and buy a different reader.
The upgrade installs automatically as part of the first-time setup experience.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #62
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
The Sony's have had a couple of major bugs and design flaws. The biggest was probably the inwbility to have both pub and PDF library books on the device at the same time. Another was the notorious synch error with the desktop. The sony android app is also far buggier than the Kobo app.
I did say "generally". They've had devices on the market for several years. Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings here. If folks are happy with their Kobo, great. I'm happy with mine for the time being. When I got it I stopped using my NOOK. Eventually I sold the NOOK. So, I do like the device. There are significant shortcomings though.

Last edited by SCION; 09-02-2011 at 12:22 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2011, 06:21 PM   #63
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by molman View Post
You need the man with the beep machine to clean it up;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcgCx7tVBRo&t=43s
I loved that show. Good British comedy, not enough of it.

The update to 1.9.10 came through for me this morning and so far no more storage errors. Thanks Kobo.

My ADE authorisations have max'd out though so I'll have to get them reset so I can read my library books (too many factory resets used them all up).

Have a good weekend everyone.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:07 PM   #64
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
I loved that show. Good British comedy, not enough of it.

The update to 1.9.10 came through for me this morning and so far no more storage errors. Thanks Kobo.

My ADE authorisations have max'd out though so I'll have to get them reset so I can read my library books (too many factory resets used them all up).

Have a good weekend everyone.
I really hate the ADE authorisation situation. Wish you could just revoke all authorisations yourself and then reauthorise your devices as need be.

.. and yeah, it's a great show (the kids are fantastic in it).. and just seemed appropriate after that The Onion Clip. Anyway I'll let this get back on topic. It's good to hear everyone is happy little vegimites
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:18 PM   #65
aldakevi
aldakevi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjoeblow View Post
I know it's been discussed in numerous other threads already, but really, 2 TIMES IN ONE WEEK!?!?!

For the love of GOD, fix this damned problem already!!!

This is ridiculous and pathetic.

I posted as a separate thread hoping that the developers might get the message if they see yet another fresh rant...

The REAL Joe
I did the latest software update and I haven't gotten the error since. Hopeful they fixed it.
aldakevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #66
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molman View Post
I really hate the ADE authorisation situation. Wish you could just revoke all authorisations yourself and then reauthorise your devices as need be.
Impressive service - I didn't expect a response from Adobe for days but they reset my authorisation count within 12 hours and I can now read my library books again.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #67
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
If you go to the Adobe support website you can get your authorization count reset via a chat session with an Adobe rep. i.e. within minutes
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:23 PM   #68
kiwipippa
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
If you go to the Adobe support website you can get your authorization count reset via a chat session with an Adobe rep. i.e. within minutes
Great to know - could you please post a link to this, I can't find it in their support section. (but hopefully I won't ever need it again!)
Old 09-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #69
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Here is the link. Select 'I need help activating or deactivating my software.'

Last edited by Joe563; 09-03-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #70
kiwipippa
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
Here is the link. Select 'I need help activating or deactivating my software.'
It worked, that's impressive. Thanks Joe, I'll remember that for next time.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:38 AM   #71
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
Funny, I just got the Storage Error yesterday for the first time. It just appeared when I powered on the KT. I haven't plugged into a PC or added new content for more than a week, reading every day. The one thing I did yesterday was add several books to my Shortlist to keep track of them, the first time I've done that since my early experiments with the KT. But I powered on and read a couple of times after that with no error message. Oh well, I just Canceled the message and carried on.

I'm still on 1.9.9 - holding off on the 1.9.10 update until Calibre is updated to match
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:53 PM   #72
geormes
Groupie
geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Kobo Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJames View Post
I'm still on 1.9.9 - holding off on the 1.9.10 update until Calibre is updated to match
Maybe because I like to fiddle with my epubs I got a ton of the errors, so I was eager to move to 1.9.10

After I did I never had a problem with Calibre. I am using 0.8.17 on Fedora 15. I'm not certain if there was a newer version of Calibre after the Kobo upgrade, but in any case I never saw a problem.(knock on wood)
geormes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #73
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJames View Post
I have read in a few threads about a supposed incompatibility between Calibre and the new 1.9.10 firmwear but I haven't had any problems at all since updating and I use Calibre exclusively.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #74
Shankill
Nameless Being

I'm just using Calibre for transferring books to my Kobo and deleting books from it en masse. No issues with 1.9.10 so far.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:51 PM   #75
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Harley: Me either.. but then I'm some weird outlier who hasn't had any issues. Go figure.
molman is offline   Reply With Quote