Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 09-17-2007, 04:51 PM   #1
cftall
"Crackers"
cftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheese

Device: cybook 3 tung-e-2 ebookwise 1150
Question Book Designer

I just downloaded BookDesigner 4.0,then I downloaded the latest update in its own folder. Then I copied and pasted all the updated files to BD in my program files. It dosent seem to work. How do I know if the BD files were overwritten by the updated files? Im new at this. HELPPPPP.

cHARLIE
cftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 05:07 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'm assuming that you installed the original files in the first place.

If you dragged the update files into the BD directory and answered "yes" to the "do you want to overwrite" then it would have overwritten them just fine.

Which OS are you using? There are, for example, some particulars that must be observed with Vista that don't matter for XP, so we'd need to know that before we could give you any sort of suggestions of things to try.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2007, 10:50 PM   #3
cftall
"Crackers"
cftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheese

Im using Vist home premium 32 BIT. I installed original files first, then dragged the files over to the BD directory in programs but didnt get asked if I wanted to overwrite. A few files asked if I wanted to replace existing files or did I want to keep both files. But that was it. musta done something wrong.

charlie
Old 09-18-2007, 09:29 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cftall View Post
Im using Vist home premium 32 BIT. I installed original files first, then dragged the files over to the BD directory in programs but didnt get asked if I wanted to overwrite. A few files asked if I wanted to replace existing files or did I want to keep both files. But that was it. musta done something wrong.

charlie
Have a look at post #52 in this thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=11786&page=4

It give directions on how to install Book Designer in Vista and also all the Book Designer files you need are attached in that thread. Including 07/30/2007
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:36 PM   #5
cftall
"Crackers"

Did all of the above. In BD when I try to open a book from my library I get msge. cannot unpack palm file.

charlie
Advert
Old 09-19-2007, 06:45 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cftall View Post
Did all of the above. In BD when I try to open a book from my library I get msge. cannot unpack palm file.

charlie
Looks like the format may have changed. Dunno.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote