Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-01-2011, 02:53 PM   #16
Jackdusty
Jackdusty began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Thank you for your help, I thought restore meant 'restore from a backup' that arrowhead is a bit small!
Jackdusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:23 PM   #17
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackdusty View Post
Thank you for your help, I thought restore meant 'restore from a backup'
As it happens, I do keep a backup of my database, but it's a lot trickier to use a true backup of the single file database than the distributed version. For a while, the calibre position was that if you wanted a backup, you should use a good backup program, but later the distributed version backup was introduced.

Quote:
that arrowhead is a bit small!
Yes it is. The tiny one at the lower right tells you that you'll get the same menu by clicking on the triangle as you will by clicking on the main icon - so it doesn't really even need to be there. If the triangle is on the middle right side, however, you get a different menu by clicking on the triangle. I tend to just say "click on the triangle" as I can never remember which icon has the small one at the lower right and which has the larger one on the middle right.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #18
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Yes it is. The tiny one at the lower right tells you that you'll get the same menu by clicking on the triangle as you will by clicking on the main icon - so it doesn't really even need to be there. If the triangle is on the middle right side, however, you get a different menu by clicking on the triangle. I tend to just say "click on the triangle" as I can never remember which icon has the small one at the lower right and which has the larger one on the middle right.
I noticed the different positions but never connected the significance of those positions. Thanks for the insight.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote