Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-03-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Exclamation SD card for Cybook Opus not shown in ADE

Hi,

when connecting Opus with Adobe Digital Editions, only internal memory is visible and accessible.
When connecting Sony 505 for example, I see internal memory, SD card and memory stick.

Is anyone able, to access the Micro SD card via ADE?

I'm able to manually copy my eBooks via Windows Explorer. But from within ADE of course would be way more convenient.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Hi,

when connecting Opus with Adobe Digital Editions, only internal memory is visible and accessible.
When connecting Sony 505 for example, I see internal memory, SD card and memory stick.

Is anyone able, to access the Micro SD card via ADE?

I'm able to manually copy my eBooks via Windows Explorer. But from within ADE of course would be way more convenient.
Nope. I don't see it.
And i don't like ADE anymore.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2009, 02:32 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Don't blame ADE. Since ADe can see the external memory of the 505, the blame here has to lay with Bookeen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Nah, it's that ade made a mess to start. Or windows did. Computer went horibly laggy !
Don't know why though. Anyway.

And windows show the card a "removable disk", so yeah, ade would be hard presed to identifiy it properly. Then, it could have a function to detect usb drive and such to put things on

I've nerver been a fan of that kind of software. Either for music or e-books, copy/past rules !

I don't like software thinking they know how i want to organise my music / e-books better than i do.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 08-03-2009 at 04:00 PM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #5
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Don't blame ADE. Since ADe can see the external memory of the 505, the blame here has to lay with Bookeen.
Would be my guess as well.
I've tried several cards, all the very same result.
And I've tried Sony 700 and Sony 505 for comparison.
In general, I have some problems with my SD cards in Opus. With some of the cards, it takes forever, to even recognise them in Windows. No idea, why. It's all the same type: SanDisk Extreme 3, 2GB.
Most efficient so far: Using the cards via Adapter directly in Windows Explorer. Copying the books. Inserting the card in Opus and ignoring ADE.
I don't like ADE that much, but still I'd like to be able to use it.
Advert
Old 08-05-2009, 08:48 AM   #6
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
This is not the Bookeen fault, but Adobe fault, and is an ADE bug, not a Bookeen one. Sony use a special proprietary driver to let ADE see the PRSs and ADE on Cybook (and other device expect Sony's one) use standard UMS for access, and ADE is not made for use SD card on liseuse, only the main memory...
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:07 AM   #7
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
This is not the Bookeen fault, but Adobe fault, and is an ADE bug, not a Bookeen one. Sony use a special proprietary driver to let ADE see the PRSs and ADE on Cybook (and other device expect Sony's one) use standard UMS for access, and ADE is not made for use SD card on liseuse, only the main memory...
That's exactly the statement I've just received from Bookeen.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:26 PM   #8
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
Then all memory should be seen as main memory so the fault is with the device maker that have not made sure that this is the case.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:52 AM   #9
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Then all memory should be seen as main memory so the fault is with the device maker that have not made sure that this is the case.
Booken states, ADE doesn't support it. Sony has a proprietary driver.
Honestly, I don't care whether it's proprietary or not. I clearly prefer, seeing all the storage directly in ADE.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:41 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Is this really a big deal? It is trivial to move the book from main memory to the SD card after ADE has transferred it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #11
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Is this really a big deal? It is trivial to move the book from main memory to the SD card after ADE has transferred it.
To me, it's quite inconvenient.
About 30% of my ePUBs and PDFs in ADE don't stick to the naming conventions. Some have really strange phrases instead of author's names. Some have no author at all, others switch first and last name and so on. So, usually I check in ADE, how it will look like on the specific unit. Some units sort differently, so it doesn't matter. For others it's quite annoying ("didn't I have another James Patterson? Ah, some are under 'James Patterson', others under 'Patterson, James' and another one under 'gkrpepa' and so on").
For Sony 505 and 700 I check the respective books in ADE and copy to the correct destination. On Sony, I use the memory stick for .lrx, the SD card for .epub and .pdf and so on.

For the Opus, it's way more inconvenient:
- Copy within ADE to the internal memory.
- I can't copy directly from internal memory to Micro SD card. When using 8GB, it's quite unstable and very often (80% of the time) doesn't show at all in Windows explorer.
- So I have to eject the SD card, put it into an adapter and move the files within Windows explorer.
- Then I re-insert the card into Opus.
Of course it's not complicated. But it's far from "state of the art", either.
Why do they praise having a Micro SD card, mainly focus on ADE and then you can't use the card within ADE?