Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #61
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
The error may have been to hold on to the broken kindle before receiving the replacement. When my kindles failed, I returned them immediately when I recieved the email with the label attached.

It takes time for Amazon to receive the returned kindle. If its held too long or takes too long in delivery, Amazon may automatically close the account. They can check the UPS or USPS label number and see if the customer returned it. If they cannot track the customer return, the customer account may be automatically closed permanently.

Also, insulting or defensive statements made to Amazon Customer Support may also result in a closed account. Finally, if one has a merchandise dispute with Amazon and has one's bank do a charge back to Amazon, that could also end one's account.

Last edited by sirmaru; 03-29-2012 at 06:03 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:33 PM   #62
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccarrsw View Post
The regular Kindle was purchased at the end of November and broke in March. Unlike the other Kindle, this one simply won't switch on (or the screen doesn't wake up). The screensaver is permanently on.
What happened to this Kindle? Did it go back to Amazon? If so do you have confirmation they received it?

Could it possibly have been passed on to someone as a broken Kindle? In which case, if they fixed it and registered it, that could be the cause of your problem.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #63
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
If the screensaver is permanently "on," the problem may very well be just a dead battery. An eink screen will not go blank if the battery is dead, it'll just keep the last thing that was on it displayed.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #64
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
The error may have been to hold on to the broken kindle before receiving the replacement. When my kindles failed, I returned them immediately when I recieved the email with the label attached.

It takes time for Amazon to receive the returned kindle. If its held too long or takes too long in delivery, Amazon may automatically close the account. They can check the UPS or USPS label number and see if the customer returned it. If they cannot track the customer return, the customer account may be automatically closed permanently.
Amazon does not automatically close an account for a delay in receiving a malfunctioning Kindle or even for failure to return it. In either case, Amazon will charge one's account with the price of a new Kindle (even if the replacement is a refurb).
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:03 AM   #65
mccarrsw
mccarrsw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Well I woke up this morning to this news:

"We’ve reviewed your account and Kindle purchase history and have decided to reactivate your Amazon.com account. I’m sorry for any inconvenience you had while your account wasn't available.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.

Best regards,"

This was after I essentially wrote a similar response to my previous post here, detailing the Kindles in my household and time frames.

In reply to some of the posts from overnight. I still have the faulty Kindle. A replacement was never shipped and a request to send the faulty one back was never received.

Basically, after dealing with customer support, I was told my case was being passed to sales to arrange all of that. But no communication from sales ever came. It was only after a week of silence that I realised i could no longer login to Amazon at all.

Course, it's still not clear what sparked any of this, or even what's solved it - beyond a little persistence.

I'm still going to visit a Carphone Warehouse store in the UK this weekend to see if they can help with the broken Kindle. I've got my Best Buy receipt and all these Amazon communications, and it feels like it would be better to speak to an actual person after all of this.
mccarrsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:08 AM   #66
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by karunaji View Post
No, I have no clue about Germany because I don't speak German and outside of German speaking countries there is very little interest in German books.
Ok, ok. Just don't make it sound as if you feel insulted that I have no interest in Germany books.
Sorry that is not what i said. You said that amazon failed in selling books in europe and that it seems they are now backing off from the european market and that it is no wonder cause non english reader don't have interest in their books.
All i was saying is that at least the kindle store i know, the german one, seem to performe very well because sicne the start of the store there are more and more german books avaible at reasonable prices and now at least for me there are very few books not avaible.
Sorry i never ever told you that you have to know whats up in the german store, thats not the point but you told us that you know the big "amazon european market story" which seems even more wierd now to me cause you don't know anything about i.e. one of the biggest kindle stores in europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karunaji View Post
Does it really matter if he hasn't bought Kindle from Amazon? There is one Amazon account whatever Amazon site one is shopping. I have used the same Amazon account with different shipping addresses in 4 countries so far.
It makes a BIG difference in which kindle store someone has bought the books and maybe even could proof someone lying or not

Last edited by Sischa; 03-30-2012 at 04:14 AM.
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:09 AM   #67
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear your Amazon account has been reactivated, despite the "Closure was after careful review; we wont reinstate it." email you received earlier.

It seems that if your account has been wrongly closed, it's necessary to ignore all the declarations that the decision is final and won't be changed, and to just persist with calm emails stating the situation as you see it and with as much information as you can.

But if you're successful in reversing the decision, don't expect much of an apology.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:44 AM   #68
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccarrsw View Post

Course, it's still not clear what sparked any of this, or even what's solved it - beyond a little persistence.
This is exactly what happened in the last thread - only the whole thing was more stretched out ...
ignacio ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:35 AM   #69
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wow. A little scary. If all this is to be believed, I'm disappointed at Amazon. At least they did get it resolved...and they at least included the words "I'm sorry" in the response.

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 03-30-2012 at 09:19 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #70
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Wow. What total dicks.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:09 AM   #71
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
It's interesting that both incidents were posted by people who have no history at MR....hmm
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:35 AM   #72
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
It's interesting that both incidents were posted by people who have no history at MR....hmm
People often come here for the first time when they search the net for a problem they are having. MR comes up very high in search results for matters concerning ebooks, Kindle, and similar.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:30 PM   #73
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
MR is a *very* high visibility site.
When you search for something on Google and MR does have the info, the link here is among the very first results. So I can imagine that when you search for Closed Amazon Account, MR is among top results. Combine this with nice atmosphere here and the fact that most comments are written in good English in a cultured manner [when compared to many other sites ;-)].

This high Google ranking reflects the fact that MR is very friendly place with lots of competent people to answer questions about e-books and e-book readers. MR is also very often linked to from other sites, which helps with Google ranking.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:33 PM   #74
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
People often come here for the first time when they search the net for a problem they are having. MR comes up very high in search results for matters concerning ebooks, Kindle, and similar.
This is very true. I have often joined a forum simply because of a problem I haven't been able to resolve and want to ask a specific question.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:34 PM   #75
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:

What do you mean, you find it interesting that..? Are you suggesting they vampires or flesh-eating zombies? Spit it out. I find your vague accusation distasteful.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote