Old 02-05-2010, 01:01 AM   #1
raven2000
raven2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3
How do i know prs-300 is charging?

Hey,
I just recently got a prs-300 in the mail; so far its looking pretty good

Only a few things im worried about:
1- Does it get charged when i plug it into the computer? Because theres no sign or anything, so im abit worried about that >.<
2- I already have two minor scratches on the back. What type of cover (if any) are you guys using?
3- What wall charger (if any) are you ppl using?

Any help/info would be appreciated
raven2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:43 AM   #2
Paul58
A Reader with no Reader..
Paul58 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Pocket Edition, B&N Nook
1. The light on the top next to the on/off button should light up while it's charging.

2. I use the case that came with it. I just slip it back in the case when I'm not holding it...

3. Sony makes a charger for the eReader and you can also use a PSP Charger (The one with the round barrel connector)
Paul58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 06:49 AM   #3
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
I use a PSP wall charger. USB charging is just not reliable.... the computer has to be on, and active (not hibernating, asleep...etc). If you get a wall charger be SURE it has the barrel connection and not a USB connection....and..........

Welcome to the forum raven2000, and congrats on the reader. Be sure and check out all the free books here at mobileread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126 that are ready to go for your Sony. You can also look a few forums down from that one and get many ePub books that will also work..... And here is a like to free ebooks from the Sony store http://ebooks.addall.com/sonyfree.html . Be sure to check back on the Sony link as the book content changes.

Again, congrats and have fun!
Old 02-05-2010, 08:09 AM   #4
raven2000

Ahh k.

Thanks for the support guys! Hopefully you'll see me around here from now on
Old 02-05-2010, 12:47 PM   #5
RonF
Zealot
RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-300, K3 WiFi, K4 NT, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by raven2000 View Post
Hey,
I just recently got a prs-300 in the mail; so far its looking pretty good

Only a few things im worried about:
1- Does it get charged when i plug it into the computer? Because theres no sign or anything, so im abit worried about that >.<
2- I already have two minor scratches on the back. What type of cover (if any) are you guys using?
3- What wall charger (if any) are you ppl using?

Any help/info would be appreciated
I've had it for a month and have yet to charge it. I haven't been able to read as much as I would have liked but I have gone through ~2 1/2 books in the last 4 weeks and still have 3/4 charge. I have had it hooked up via USB while using Calibre to test different books so it has been topped off a bit.

I would also recommend getting the "barrell type" PSP charger. You can get them for more than half off the Sony brand. As long as it is made for charging the PSP you are fine : 5.0-5.2v charge. You can find them cheap at gaming store like Gamestop etc...

I purchased this cover: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product - $20.00 w/free shipping. I prefer it over the included case as it's always on the reader and you don't have to keep track of it

Hope enjoy your reader and don't be afraid to ask any questions - most of us don't bite
RonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #6
raven2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonF View Post
I've had it for a month and have yet to charge it. I haven't been able to read as much as I would have liked but I have gone through ~2 1/2 books in the last 4 weeks and still have 3/4 charge. I have had it hooked up via USB while using Calibre to test different books so it has been topped off a bit.

I would also recommend getting the "barrell type" PSP charger. You can get them for more than half off the Sony brand. As long as it is made for charging the PSP you are fine : 5.0-5.2v charge. You can find them cheap at gaming store like Gamestop etc...

I purchased this cover: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product - $20.00 w/free shipping. I prefer it over the included case as it's always on the reader and you don't have to keep track of it

Hope enjoy your reader and don't be afraid to ask any questions - most of us don't bite
I got a cheap PSP charger for 3usd off ebay. Im hoping it works

And heres the case i've gotten: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Leather-Case-...item5885728ab1
Old 02-05-2010, 11:15 PM   #7
RonF
Zealot
RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-300, K3 WiFi, K4 NT, PW2
Nice find on the charger

Case looks nice also, good luck with it. I don't know if I would put the included screen protector on it though. I'm sure it is a cheap plastic cover and not sure you really need it. Nothing should be touching the screen, especially with the always on cover. I'm thinking it would diminish the view possibly.

Enjoy!
RonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:13 AM   #8
tnronin
Zealot
tnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't litter

Device: PRS-300
Let us know how you like that cover. I have been eyeballing it for mine.
tnronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:10 AM   #9
raven2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonF View Post
Case looks nice also, good luck with it. I don't know if I would put the included screen protector on it though.
Of course im not going to put on a screen protector on the prs-300 lol . In fact, i didn't even know it came with one until you told me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnronin View Post
Let us know how you like that cover. I have been eyeballing it for mine.
Will do.