Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-13-2012, 08:28 AM   #16
malmhdy
Enthusiast
malmhdy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
i mean no response at all to touch the screen or to reboot from reboot buttom
only this menu and i cant reboot or touch screen not working
windows pc now couldnot see it
iam very sad
malmhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #17
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmhdy View Post
i mean no response at all to touch the screen or to reboot from reboot buttom
only this menu and i cant reboot or touch screen not working
windows pc now couldnot see it
iam very sad
Dead battery... Recharge it.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2012, 11:55 AM   #18
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
malmhdy: it might sound a bit harsh, but the procedure to get your kindle alive again will likely take some more hours for you. When you say that you're facing exams, I suggest to recharge your kindle (leave it long enough powered, ideally by a wall charger), enter USB drive mode, get the documents you need - and prepare for your exams. If you insist on getting the fix done when under stress, it'll all end in tears. Fix that gadget later and concentrate on the important things first.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #19
malmhdy
Enthusiast

thanks so much howhill i understand but it causes more stress to see my kindle like that
iam charging since 3 hours usb no response occur after 3 hours but battry charging lamp still dont turn green ,shall i wait till it become green ?
i was installed auto rotate hack (update_KTRotate_0.2_install.bin)
i guess that hack did that with my kindle
how i escape from this menu and open my kindle and uninstall or remove this hack or thier files
Old 04-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #20
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malmhdy View Post
thanks so much howhill i understand but it causes more stress to see my kindle like that
iam charging since 3 hours usb no response occur after 3 hours but battry charging lamp still dont turn green ,shall i wait till it become green ?
i was installed auto rotate hack (update_KTRotate_0.2_install.bin)
i guess that hack did that with my kindle
how i escape from this menu and open my kindle and uninstall or remove this hack or thier files
The LED does not indicate battery condition when the kindle is bricked like this.

QUESTION: Can you make the display change with MfgTool? With it plugged into USB, hold power until LED goes off, then press Home button, then release power. It should go to USB Downloader mode, so MfgTool can see it. Select fastboot mode and leave it sit for a few hours connected to the host PC. It charges to a full charge in fastboot mode. The fastboot code has a better battery charging method.

After a charge, use MfgTool to try to boot to main. Do you get the "kindle tree" screen? If it is STILL stuck at diags, did you damage the eink display? That can freeze the display too...
Advert
Old 04-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #21
malmhdy
Enthusiast

idid not damage ink display
display cant be changed and freezed even with pressing on power or home button
i cant see kindle on my computer to use mfgtool and display doesnot respond
after 3 hours charging
Old 04-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #22
malmhdy
Enthusiast

mfgtool saying connect device and cant see my kindle and i dont know how i can make windows see it because every thing freezed at kindle
shall i wait till charging lamp become green or 3 hours charging should open it and battary should had some power from 3 hours charging
Old 04-13-2012, 12:49 PM   #23
malmhdy
Enthusiast

i know that is alot and boaring to ask about every thing iam sorry but you are professional and i cant seek help at any other place so dont become annoyed and help me to get out from freezing not responding menu and kindle
Old 04-13-2012, 12:49 PM   #24
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you do this before using MfgTool?
Quote:
Place the Kindle into USB Recovery mode:
Plug Kindle into USB port. Press Kindle power switch until LED off.
Press "Magic Key" (K4NT = Five-Way Down button, Touch = Home button).
Release power switch. Release "Magic Key".
(from the linked "select boot" thread)
Old 04-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #25
malmhdy
Enthusiast

i did that before and enterd that menu and enter diagnostic mode and i remember that some thing appeared do you like to install diagnostic tool some thing like that and i did ok on LED after that my kindle and LED feezed to the main menu and i tried to exit or restart or do any thing to respond nothing done
Old 04-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #26
hawhill
Wizard

Well, it really sounds like an empty battery. Please, charge it for a longer time (read: some _hours_).
As long as the device is absolutely dead, not even responding to the power switch, your only hope is that it's an empty battery.

Note that we're not professionals. We're enthusiasts and advanced amateurs. You can be, too! But it will take time, slowly taking step by step. Also, please work on your problem description. Don't fear for language problems, in most cases we can work out what you mean. But tell us enough. Also, we're all volunteers. Solving problems in the way of this post will burn out motivation. Be self-confident: Other people who didn't have too much in-depth knowledge were at that point before. They managed to fix their device by staying calm, reading carefully and following instructions step after step.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #27
geekmaster

I got my first kindle 5 months ago (and I immediately registered here for the jailbreak). I have nine of them now. So I only have 5 months of experience (or 5 years crammed into 5 months if want to think of how I apply myself to things that interest me), so I am practically a beginner myself. You can see from my early posts until now how I go about studying this stuff. Not counting MANY (too many?) IRC messages I posted (in the IRC archive), my PMs and posts here are over 1500. Unfortunately, the "view all posts by this member" only shows 500 posts, so even I cannot find my old posts. I *really* wish they would fix that. Anyway, you can learn this stuff just like I did, but it takes time, dedication, persistence, and more time.

P.S. For each message that I posted, I *read* many, many messages. I have also read all the manuals and other offsite resources I could find (i.e. Parallel Procrastination et. al.). So I could easily have read a million words dedicated to the kindles, in just the past 5 months. (I have over 10,000 books in my collection and I have read most of them before I was 30 -- I always carried 3 books with me everywhere I went in the "pre-Google" era). You just need to decide how you want to spend your time. We rarely watch TV (although we DID buy a $1600 USD TV for Christmas). Really, if you want to be a kindle expert you can, but only at the expense of other things in your life (such as TV)... You decide.

Last edited by geekmaster; 04-13-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #28
malmhdy
Enthusiast

now i charged my kindle and opened diagnostic mode what can i do next to fix it
as i said before i installed after update 2 hacks only kindletouch jailbrak (with it nothing happened) and kindle touch auto rotate screen and after clicked on update my kindle to install the hack the error occured and message appeared your kindle needs repair
now i charged it and installed kindleselectboot and opened diagnostic moode
what is the next step i dont know and i dont want more harm so ask professional advice and help
Old 04-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #29
malmhdy
Enthusiast

i tried to put uninstall file of the hack in kindle root in usb mode and restated kindle said update failed and reterned to need repair
i connected it again to mfgtool and waiting help
Old 04-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #30
geekmaster

It sounds like your kindle is working again (not totally dead) after the battery charged. The jailbreak does not do anything but add an extra key file to ALLOW you to install other hacks. There is really no need to remove the jailbreak.

What version firwmare do you have? The new 5.1.0 has some code for rotation, and the autorotate hack might be conflicting with that. I do not know how old hacks and brand new firmware interact.

The easiest thing to do is install an old mmcblk0p1 for v5.0.0 (using dd from an ssh shell, or dd from a RUNME.sh script), as described in the debricking threads. And the "needs repair" probably needs the boot counter reset, or mmcblk0p3 partially zeroed out.