Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-03-2009, 11:06 PM   #1
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Correct Coupon for Boomerang

Hi. This is a repeat of a message on the "Boomerang" thread. Problem is, that one is kinda down the line and I don't want folks to just check out the first message, get an out of date coupon code and curse my name.

Less than two weeks left on this coupon. Thanks to everyone who has either already redeemed theirs or even dropped some hard-earned cash on Boomerang.

Intro Price Going Bye-bye

When I published Boomerang on Smashwords I decided to price it at ninety-nine cents for a month, then bring it to $1.99. Well, the month has passed and I've kept my promise to myself. At just one-fifth of the price of the paperback, it's still a great deal, and if you're at all prone to deal out two bucks on an up and coming middle aged writer, may I further encourage you by mentioning that half of all royalties go to the Mountain View High School Marching Band? Funds for such non-core curriculum are drying up and blowing away at an alarming rate, and the benefits students get from participation in music and the other arts is immeasurable. Check them out at an early competition this semester.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxVllaJdPYQ

But coupon or retail, I hope you check out Boomerang.

So.....if you would like to check out Boomerang, may I suggest now would be a good time? The free coupon is still good until Nov. 15.

And of course thanks to everyone who has downloaded Boomerang already. It's been a good month for Ted, Jerry, Doreen, Amelia, Leslie the assassin, and Bethie the Not-Quite-What-She-Appears-To-Be clothing optional ex-Onion Festival Queen.

Boomerang at Smashwords

Coupon Code: DL66H

Boomerang for Amazon Kindle

Last edited by plumboz; 11-05-2009 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Royalties to High School Band
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I edited the original post to include information about my royalty sharing with the Mountain View High School Marching Band.

Best,
Alan
Old 11-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #3
plumboz
Novelist

Wow! The coupon response the past couple of days has been wonderful!

Ends on Nov. 15.

And please, if you like Boomerang, pass the word.

Thanks!
Old 11-06-2009, 08:12 PM   #4
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Wow, yet another great book from Smashwords Thanks
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:40 PM   #5
hodad66
Beachside Member
hodad66 doesn't litterhodad66 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3
thank you so much!!
hodad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:06 AM   #6
plumboz
Novelist

Oh no! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodad66 View Post
thank you so much!!
I hope you enjoy Boomerang. If so, please let me know! A short review on Amazon would be really nice too!
Old 11-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #7
plumboz
Novelist

One week left on the coupon.

You can check out the opening chapters on my blog.

http://plumboz.wordpress.com/
Old 11-11-2009, 10:20 PM   #8
plumboz
Novelist

Four Days Left

Just four days left on the coupon offer.

I'll be running a different special after Nov. 15, but it will apply to the paperback version.

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4167

coupon: DL66H
Old 11-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #9
plumboz
Novelist

A couple of days to go for the free ebook.

I will post info on the paperback promotion here.

Thanks.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:03 PM   #10
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Thanks so much for the coupon. My first download from Smashwords, hope there are many more to come.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:09 AM   #11
plumboz
Novelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshm View Post
Thanks so much for the coupon. My first download from Smashwords, hope there are many more to come.
poshm,

You are absolutely welcome and thank you very much for making Boomerang part of your elibrary. I hope you enjoy it!

Old 11-15-2009, 12:36 PM   #12
plumboz
Novelist

Last day for Smashwords coupon DL66H.

Thanks to everyone!