Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 08-18-2009, 12:29 AM   #1
deanurse
deanurse began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150
html trouble

i thought i found a way to get around the pdf ebook thing. i read that if you sent yourself a pdf ebook as an attatchment to your gmail account you can save it to your computer as an html document. i was then thinking if it is an html document then i could just transfer it directly to the the librarian then send it to my ebookwise reader but i seem to be having difficulty with this. anyone have any thoughts on this?? thanks dea
deanurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:43 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
An imperfect way to convert PDF to HTML is to use Mobipocket Creator to convert the PDF to PRC. It will also make an HTML file as a part of the conversion.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:59 AM   #3
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
non-drm

If it is a non-DRM pdf, you are copy it and paste it into word and then save it as a RTF.

I always seem to have issues converting pdfs, they tend to come out very funky.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:21 AM   #4
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
I have this program which I've never used. It came with Ambertext converter which does work, although the .RB output is sometimes funky.

If you want to send me a PDF, I can give it a try and send back whatever type of output you want/need.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote