Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #46
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Gecko has their leather Glo case on their site now. I was seriously considering getting one if the logo was covered. Since it's not, I guess they saved me some money.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #47
loco_diabolo
loco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kobo glo, kobo aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
It also looks like Gecko are going to be bringing out 2 more Kobo Glo covers quite soon. Based on this quote from their website

If the Glo real leather one is anything like the one I bought for my PRST1 (which looks very similar to the Kobo Touch version) - it's a beautiful burgundy colour and fits like a glove. The 'Slimfit', which 'clicks in', also sounds interesting (thinner, lighter) if its going to be similar to the Kobo Touch version.
The beautiful burgundy cover is out (also other colours)!! I ordered mine 16:30 today and received a message at 16:45: Item was shipped. Wow, what a pace!
Soon my glo will be protected by this wonderful cover.
loco_diabolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #48
Koboyashi
Zealot
Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Gecko has their leather Glo case on their site now. I was seriously considering getting one if the logo was covered. Since it's not, I guess they saved me some money.
Yup. Nice cover, but the 'home-hole' is a deal breaker. Seems to be that, so far, no one has the courage to develop a cover especially for the Glo
Koboyashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #49
markino
Connoisseur
markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Gecko has their leather Glo case on their site now.
Looks nice, and like a very good fit - although personally I like a bit more space around the screen - big fingers.
markino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #50
mconh
Connoisseur
mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, AuraHD, AuraH20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koboyashi View Post
Yup. Nice cover, but the 'home-hole' is a deal breaker. Seems to be that, so far, no one has the courage to develop a cover especially for the Glo
New Kobo Glo cases <A href="http://www.skindigitalstore.com/kobo-ereader/?sort=newest">here</A> but no auto sleep. I have two of the Kobo Touch cases and they are excellent quality.

Last edited by mconh; 11-30-2012 at 02:42 PM.
mconh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:47 PM   #51
Nothingness
Zealot
Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O Limited Edition
That one looks pretty nice and the price is decent with free shipping.

http://www.skindigitalstore.com/kobo...-cover-wallet/
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #52
Koboyashi
Zealot
Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

mconh, Nothingness, thanks for your suggestions. They're indeed nice covers. I would prefer a flip cover but their black model has white stitches
Old 11-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #53
mconh
Connoisseur
mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, AuraHD, AuraH20
Quote:
mconh, Nothingness, thanks for your suggestions. They're indeed nice covers. I would prefer a flip cover but their black model has white stitches
I sent them an e-mail complaining about the black stitches. My current one for the Touch are black stitching. My wife has a purple one which she loves
The customer service rep said they show up in black and white stitching. She asked me to e-mail her when I order and she will ensure that I get one with black stitching.
On the order form there is also a comments box where you can tell them the same thing twice just in case. I have ordered a Black and Red book type for our two new Glo readers.
mconh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #54
Koboyashi
Zealot

Cool. So I'll contact them to ensure to get a flip cover with black stitches. I don't like to fiddle around with a black marker, colorizing the stitches
Old 11-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #55
Nothingness
Zealot
Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O Limited Edition
Quote:
I'm sorry but when I posted my post I was not responding to yours at all and I was not trying to suggest you a cover, I was simply saying that from the covers I've seen it's the one I like most and that I plan to buy it and the price is decent.
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #56
Koboyashi
Zealot

I'm sorry, I didn't read your post carefully enough. The 'Smack' icon was directed at me, not to you or others. Maybe I haven't realized how it could come across ...
Old 12-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #57
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Cool. So I'll contact them to ensure to get a flip cover with black stitches. I don't like to fiddle around with a black marker, colorizing the stitches
I did this to my black Doc Marten boots back in the day.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #58
Koboyashi
Zealot

Quote:
I did this to my black Doc Marten boots back in the day.
Well done, pal.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:56 PM   #59
Beamer102
Beamer102 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
I'm surprise how everyone seems to really want a book type of cover. I had one for my Sony ereader but only because I wants a case with the light. Now that I have the glo, I opted for a leather sleeve made by Roots. I got it from Chapters. It provides decent protection for my glo while in my purse but allows me to just hold the glo when I read. I'm so happy with it... And the glo.
Beamer102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:35 AM   #60
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Quote:
I don't even care, finally an easel-style cover! I tried my left-overs for the other readers I have/had and they're all just too big... I like Kobo's own sleepcover just fine for a book-style one, but for my bed-reading the other type is essential.

Now if only the lowest brightness setting for the Glo was lower, like the Nook GL, it would perfect. Oh, and fewer crashes, esp. if they involves random flashes of light (esp. at night)
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote