Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-17-2012, 12:06 AM   #34981
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I just placed two orders over the Internet;
I ordered a chicken and an egg. I'll keep you posted as to which comes first.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:50 AM   #34982
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Fantastic!

I always wanted to know the answer to that question.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:47 AM   #34983
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
I just heard a disgusting story, and I am waiting for more information and hopefully there will be consequences....

On Thursday, a woman in a remote area took her four dogs for a walk along the local airstrip. All good? Hell NO. When she gets home all four dogs start vomiting blood etc. Long story short - all four dogs died (a couple with help from the local coppers).

Apparently some self styled authority hired a supposed registered 1080 poisoner to set poison around the airstrip (to get dingos - bulls#$%t - there are no dingos there). There were none of the required notifications put up and the airstrip is not private property?? So i somehow doubt that it is legal to poison that area anyway.

It is now Saturday and there are still no signs up. What happens when a mob of local children playing in the area find some funny stuff?
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:17 AM   #34984
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Getting ready to go out

I'm getting ready to go to a concert I'm seeing Washington

play at the Quarry a beautiful venue

melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:24 AM   #34985
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Preparing for a busy day.

Today Sinterklaas will arrive in the Netherlands, which means in the morning it will be busy with customers who want to do their shopping before the arrival of Sinterklaas in the city. The it will be quiet for a little while when the arrival is aired on national tv and when he arrives in the city (organized by the city council). After that parents with kids over-active on candy, excitement and tiredness start coming in.

Tonight I have to go to a birthday party where there are too many loud people in a too small space, so I think I'll only stay an hour or an hour and a half before I need to escape.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:39 AM   #34986
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Unless you are being sarcastic (in which case I did not get it)
He's referencing the fact that marijuana was just legalized for recreational use in those two states.

Last edited by Dylrob; 11-17-2012 at 03:43 AM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:10 AM   #34987
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
So he was sarcastic ...
Wait a minute do I look like a guy that smokes dope ? That would be ironic considering I've never even smoked tobacco in my whole life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
He's referencing the fact that marijuana was just legalized for recreational use in those two states.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:14 AM   #34988
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
I just heard a disgusting story, and I am waiting for more information and hopefully there will be consequences....

On Thursday, a woman in a remote area took her four dogs for a walk along the local airstrip. All good? Hell NO. When she gets home all four dogs start vomiting blood etc. Long story short - all four dogs died (a couple with help from the local coppers).

Apparently some self styled authority hired a supposed registered 1080 poisoner to set poison around the airstrip (to get dingos - bulls#$%t - there are no dingos there). There were none of the required notifications put up and the airstrip is not private property?? So i somehow doubt that it is legal to poison that area anyway.

It is now Saturday and there are still no signs up. What happens when a mob of local children playing in the area find some funny stuff?
That is just horrible. I hope justice will be served
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:40 AM   #34989
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As I seem to be doing a lot of these days, editing photos. But I'm getting tired of reds and yellows... I need a new subject to take the place of Autumn.

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Arashiyama3.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	447.2 KB
ID:	96477   Click image for larger version

Name:	Arashiyama2.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	513.7 KB
ID:	96478   Click image for larger version

Name:	Arashiyama4.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	418.4 KB
ID:	96479   Click image for larger version

Name:	Arashiyama6.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	440.5 KB
ID:	96480  
Old 11-19-2012, 07:54 AM   #34990
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Wow those are stunning.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #34991
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Wow those are stunning.
Thanks. The Japanese Maples seem to have a much more vibrant red than the Sugar Maples, Norway Maples, Red Maples, etc., etc.

I usually shoot landscapes using a very vivid setting on my camera that simulates the appearance of Fuji Velvia film. But I'm finding that I have to re-set the shooting menu to a less saturated image, as these local maples are just too damn red! On a ride Sunday, I passed a large tea garden that had a single large Maple tree next to the rows of tea. I stopped to photograph it, but then realized that the brilliance of the red was almost clashing with the brilliance of the green of the tea, so didn't take the picture!

But I think I'm done with Fall foliage photography for the year. The leaves will stay bright for another couple of weeks, but I'm getting bored. I need something different.

Stitchawl
Old 11-19-2012, 08:24 AM   #34992
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Maybe you should go scuba diving again and shoot some marine life? That would certainly be different.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #34993
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
About to continue this video game I'm playing: Uncharted, Drake's Fortune

(Yeah I like video games. What did you think that cause I love books I don't love other stuff ?)
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #34994
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Today I splurged on the 3 expansion packs of The Sims 3 I hadn't got. I hadn't played for a while but in the last week or so I've been playing again. Last week the Season EP was released and since the older EPs were on sale I bought those too.

I've just finished troubleshooting; each time I wanted to move a family into a house the game would crash. Turned out it was an old hack that needed updating.

The funniest incompatible hack I had with The Sims 2 with the Pets EP, the hack caused puddles of dog pee to turn into microwaves.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #34995
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
I've been on the Play Store looking for games. I'm tired of Angry Birds. I saw this mentioned on the Android Forums and thought of Poohbear: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oastedchickens

Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?