Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-05-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Mains charging query for PRS600

Hi

I upgraded today to a PRS600 from a 505, I have the official Sony mains charger for the 505. I want to fully charge the 600 before I start loading books (I use Calibre) but when I plug in the mains charger and move the power switch all it does it turn the machine on and off, I don't get a red charging light. I did earlier on both the PC and the mains charger, but only for about 20 mins or so, no more than half an hour in total.

I have now connected the 600 to the PC using the USB key and have the message USB Connected, but still no red light.

I have a few questions, if anyone can help

1) Does the 505 mains charger work for the 600?

2) Could my machine be fully charged already, is this why I am not getting a red light?

I have no firmware updates to load, according to the instalation process.

Thanks
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Hi there

If I remember correctly, I believe my 600 was partly charged when I got it and only took about 30 mins to charge to full. So I think this is normal and if the red light is now off it should mean it is fully charged now.

As far as I know the adaptor for the 600 is the Sony ACS-5220E which I think is also for the 505 from what I read before I purchased it anyway.

Hope you enjoy your 600
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Thanks very much for your really quick reply. Have a great evening
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:13 AM   #4
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
They use the same ac adapter. The PSP adapters and the PSP charger cable also work, and are generally smaller and cheaper.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote