Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 08-13-2009, 07:04 AM   #1
spaze
Addict
spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Writing my first short story: Guardian Angel
HTML in BeBook

How extensive HTML code can be created in order for BeBook to read it without problems? Is it just HTML or can it handle XHTML?

Since I am planning on using my BeBook (when I get one) also for reading news on my way to work, I was disappointed today that none of Finnish news papers provide full-content feeds, just the titles.

Ofcourse I tried Calibre, but the news articles just looked horrible even after custom modifications to each feed parsing.

So I decided to create my own parser which you can have a look here:

http://www.majgaj.com/rss

If you think this HTML code provided behind those links then I am really happy guy I prefer to have all the latest news in a row like this instead of different links and "documents".
spaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:16 AM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Have you looked at Calibre and its "recipes"?
It can site-scrape what you need and roll it up into a BeBook readable format of your choice.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2009, 08:23 AM   #3
spaze
Addict
spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Writing my first short story: Guardian Angel
Yes I have, but writing a custom recipe involves more coding than what I have done with this example as well as getting familiar with yet another language. I'm multi-lingual, but the amount of languages I can soak in at one time is already exceeding my limits
spaze is offline   Reply With Quote