Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-31-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
bails52
bails52 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
quotation marks and apstrophes

Hello community...new member here.

I tried to find a post about this, but everything's new so I'm probably just floundering around.

Anyway, I have a book that Calibre placed on my Kindle Touch. The formatting seems good except that quotation marks and apostrophes are little boxes with 0093, 0094, etc. where the " and ' should be. When I open the book in Calibre, it's fine.

Is there something I can do to fix this formatting problem?

Thanks!
bails52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bails52 View Post
Hello community...new member here.

I tried to find a post about this, but everything's new so I'm probably just floundering around.

Anyway, I have a book that Calibre placed on my Kindle Touch. The formatting seems good except that quotation marks and apostrophes are little boxes with 0093, 0094, etc. where the " and ' should be. When I open the book in Calibre, it's fine.

Is there something I can do to fix this formatting problem?

Thanks!
The Code page used for conversion was (guessed, when not explicitly coded) wrong: Try CP1252 or some of the other suggestions on the conversion screen until success. remember to always select the ORIGINAL format as source
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2013, 11:22 PM   #3
bails52
bails52 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks.

Do you mean the PDB output? That is set for cp1252. You're saying I should change that?
bails52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:05 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bails52 View Post
Thanks.

Do you mean the PDB output? That is set for cp1252. You're saying I should change that?
Each output has configurations. Since you are NOT making a PDB, that location has no effect on EPUB

Do it in Conversion: Look and Feel (Preferences: Common options to make it DEFAULT for all conversions ).
That locations says treat anything in the (conversion) pipe as if it were CP1252.

IMHO do this on a per/book conversion basis and NOT in Preferences unless ALL your SOURCE books have this issue.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
0093, 0094, quotation marks