Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #496
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Just for the record: your cc.db is indeed the culprit. Well, actually, the books seem to be. All of your books have NULL "CDE Key" (=ASIN or UUID) and "CDE Type" (=usually "EBOK", "PDOC" etc.) values. Since these are the values which are used inside the collections.json file, it is normal that the books can't be found.

However, it's beyond me WHY these values are null. That's definitely not normal. Are you using some funky plugin or other settings, which might remove this required metadata from your books?

PS: The cc.db is a simple SQLite database, so you can take a look at it for yourself, using any tool that can handle SQLite DBs.

PPS: You can check the book metadata using gluggy's Mobi Metadata Editor.

Last edited by ixtab; 03-21-2013 at 07:54 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #497
topper0764
topper0764 doesn't littertopper0764 doesn't littertopper0764 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle pw
Can I check is they a way for the software to sort book by filename instead of tittle?
Or is they any other program to perform this trick ?
topper0764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #498
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Simple answer: no.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #499
topper0764

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Simple answer: no.
Thx for the super fast respone , too bad hope someone do this tweak in future
Old 03-22-2013, 01:43 AM   #500
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by topper0764 View Post
Thx for the super fast respone , too bad hope someone do this tweak in future
It's an open source project. If you REALLY REALLY want that? You could contribute it as a patch.

Have a good day
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2013, 02:12 AM   #501
topper0764

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
It's an open source project. If you REALLY REALLY want that? You could contribute it as a patch.

Have a good day
I am not a programmer and have very limited knowledge on Linux
Old 03-22-2013, 02:17 AM   #502
topper0764

I was thinking how nice it see the existing menu there is sort by recent , title, author ,collection and with another collection/filename.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:09 AM   #503
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by topper0764 View Post
I am not a programmer and have very limited knowledge on Linux
Me neither.

Didnt stop me.

Imagine if baby footballers said that.

"I don't know how to kick a ball". Oh well "that's it then".

Note my signature... "I can't do it" doesn't cut it in my house.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...92&postcount=8

Last edited by twobob; 03-22-2013 at 03:15 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #504
Tinkergnome
Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Just for the record: your cc.db is indeed the culprit. Well, actually, the books seem to be. All of your books have NULL "CDE Key" (=ASIN or UUID) and "CDE Type" (=usually "EBOK", "PDOC" etc.) values. Since these are the values which are used inside the collections.json file, it is normal that the books can't be found.

However, it's beyond me WHY these values are null. That's definitely not normal. Are you using some funky plugin or other settings, which might remove this required metadata from your books?

PS: The cc.db is a simple SQLite database, so you can take a look at it for yourself, using any tool that can handle SQLite DBs.

PPS: You can check the book metadata using gluggy's Mobi Metadata Editor.
Thanks again ixtab. Discovered that somehow while converting books Calibre removed the information. I have duplicated it several times but I did find a script that helped with that it can be found at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=117645 it helped quite a bit and will write azw3 if needed. Thank you for all of your help ixtab. After rebuilding my library after batching all of my eBooks to contain the extra exth info the collections manager works like a charm. I do not think that this the proper thread for the next question but maybe you could help point me in a direction as search is not getting me to the proper place. How can i write a plugboard I guess that would take the exth 113 metadata and add it to the Ids: section of the metadata as another identifier .

Last edited by Tinkergnome; 03-24-2013 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Grammer
Tinkergnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:25 AM   #505
tomco3131
tomco3131 began at the beginning.

Device: KPW
I have a small problem.

When Im in collection in collection, and when I click to back button /back arrow no home!/ , then my Paperwhite is going to "Home" and i can't open any collection because when I click to collection, peperwhite says "Opening..." and that is all.. Then I must open a book which is saved in Home directory and when I come back to "Home", paperwhite opening collections normal.

Any solution to this problem??

/sorry for my english/
tomco3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:42 AM   #506
Jwing
Enthusiast
Jwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomco3131 View Post
I have a small problem.

When Im in collection in collection, and when I click to back button /back arrow no home!/ , then my Paperwhite is going to "Home" and i can't open any collection because when I click to collection, peperwhite says "Opening..." and that is all.. Then I must open a book which is saved in Home directory and when I come back to "Home", paperwhite opening collections normal.

Any solution to this problem??

/sorry for my english/
I'm having the same "problem". I'm on 5.3.4.

When I'm in a book that belongs to a collection in collection and press "back button", the screen goes to a blank page (as if goes to the inner collection screen, but it's blank) and I have to press back again to go to the previous collection, not the collection that the book was actually in. And then occurs the same problem said above.

A solution to that, for now, is press "Home button" instead of "Back button".

Great app by the away.
Jwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #507
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
ixtab
Tell please, it's possible to make a relative path to localisation instead of "/mnt/us/documents/CollectionsManager-localization.txt"?

Then CM read a nearby loc-file in subfolder - e.g. /mnt/us/documents/Utilites/CollectionsManager.azw2 + /mnt/us/documents/Utilites/CollectionsManager-localization.txt ...
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:38 AM   #508
ixtab
(offline)

It's an open source project... You're free to compile it with any path that you want.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:57 AM   #509
Codepadawan
Codepadawan began at the beginning.

Hi

First up. Ixtab I can't begin to say what a fantastic job you've done here - not just the coding, but the amazing level of support. Kudos!!

My question is this. Im not a calibre user (just didn't suit me for many reasons) - I much prefer to manage things myself. On my Kindle Keyboard, I used to use the Kranf Manager to convert folders to collections. I would add files to folders and move them around, then recreate all the collections from the folders.

I understand CM can do this... but, in the documents folder of my paperwhite, every book has a subfolder now! I gather the mbp1 file inside is a "annotations file" (I never make annotations so it must be made automatically).

I am worried if I "make collections from folders" I will end up with a collection for every book!

Will that happen? Should I delete all these folders - I know they are not essential - but if the Kindle keeps building them, I will need to delete them everytime I rebuild the collections form the folders (which I need to do each time I add a book into the folders via my PC - right?)

Advice much appreciated, and once again, awesome job man.
Codepadawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:04 AM   #510
Codepadawan
Codepadawan began at the beginning.

Hmm. Maybe I've answered this myself.... these aren't folders at all in a traditional sense, rather some sort of "package" or "zip" type file, but they **appear** as folders on my mac.... but CM ignores them! yay!
Codepadawan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks