Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-21-2023, 04:18 PM   #1
merith.tk
merith.tk began at the beginning.

Device: PaperWhite 2 (5.12.2)
SSHD Lite (SSH Server, for your kindle PW!)

Okay so I know its not exactly 100% useful, but I made this simple-ish thing that allows you to run an ssh server on your kindle,

Download: https://mega.nz/file/vgI0hDQK#2A3GY0...S2dct5zORcn918

it is an wrapper with some important steps built into the thing,

extract the `sshd-lite` folder to the `extensions` on your Kindle,
select `SSHD-LITE` in KUAL and click `Install/Reinstall` BEFORE clicking start, the kindle uses an bare bones linux system and the install script creates a few symlinks, modifies iptables to allow ssh, and adds an upstart config script.

Unfortunately sftp does not work with the current sshd I am utilizing (https://github.com/jpillora/sshd-lite).

I chose this ssh server because it is an standalone, STATICALLY LINKED binary. this means that its only dependencies is that the system uses a linux kernel, and the kernel is the correct architecture (armv7 in this case, however I am using the armv6 binary for safety)
merith.tk is offline   Reply With Quote