Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-11-2011, 11:21 AM   #16
jblackwood
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahli6 View Post
But please take a look- it was a question- first and last here, you can bet on that.

Mark.r-- thanks for the information! Sorry to get your happy thread all off track.
Relax, man. It's just the internet. Don't let one person ruin your experience with the device. As you saw with mark.r, there are people willing to be helpful without the additional snark. I've been lurking since i ordered my device on Woot and the general feel of this forum is they're nice people.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:47 AM   #17
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by netrobot View Post
So far, I've verified that my barcode reader works ...
I didn't have much luck with the barcode readers. Which barcode reader are you using? Thanks.

Advert
Old 05-11-2011, 03:25 PM   #18
johnseeking
Edge User

My wife just sent me this text: "It's charging." Arrrrgh! Hurry up, time, real-life, job, etc.! My PE's waiting for me at home!!

Old 05-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #19
mark.r
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnseeking View Post
My wife just sent me this text: "It's charging." Arrrrgh! Hurry up, time, real-life, job, etc.! My PE's waiting for me at home!!
Aren't you getting a splitting headache? Maybe you need to go home and have a lie down...

Old 05-11-2011, 07:44 PM   #20
bobmutch
Edge User

My red PE is 100 miles away. Not due until Friday; but I can always hope for a surprise tomorrow.

I look forward to doing more than "lurking".

I think I'll grocery shop, to take my mind off the wait.

See ya'll tomorrow!

Advert
Old 05-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #21
mcurty
Edge User

My Red PE arrived today ---- a day earlier than expected, so there is hope that you'll be surprised tomorrow!

Thanks to those who have compiled so much information for us here. I'm working on sorting through the posts and learning about my new PE. First impression was WOW! this is even better looking than I expected. Charged for 4 hours to get a full charge and am now "patiently??" waiting for the Ermine update to complete. So far the PE has performed exactly as your info stated.

Thanks again for the great forum.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:25 PM   #22
violajack
Edge User

Argh, being patient is hard. My woot eDGe has moved from Texas to Denver and is scheduled to arrive in San Francisco on Saturday, bumped back from Friday.

I can't wait to get it and start putting some of the good advice here to use. The more I read about the cool things it can do, the more I want it to just get here already. I like woot, but I hate how long their shipping takes.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #23
chaosoverflow
Edge User

Mine tooooooo! Charged, registered, and am now dl'ing the software update before I go fight with Adobe's DRM garbage. It's smaller than I thought it would be. Apparently my brain translated the sizes to "Oh, so, about the size of a netbook" and .... no, it's tinier and cuter and I'm oh, so very pleased. The touchscreen hated my fingers with 1.6, we'll see how it is after the update - I remember reading here on the forums that it started to play nicer. I felt like a dork. It took me a few minutes to find the stylus. I thought it would be clamped to an edge, not actually inside the chassis. I'm trying to think up a name for it while the update installs.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:15 PM   #24
netrobot
Edge User

I agree the Welcome Basket is useful -- I read it before my eDGe arrived. That's how I knew about the Power widget. It just didn't say how to get rid of them. It also took me a few minutes to realize that scrolling is best done with the optical mouse.

I'm finding that issues that are Android-specific can be addressed by doing a Google search. Searching just on this forum or MobileRead means finding only the threads that match your wording of the issue. A wider search is more likely to produce results.

And although the graphics in the on-board User's Guide (PDF) are too small and low-res to be very useful, the guide is a good first read too. (although it's description of the notification bar on pg. 73 is wrong, and it isn't much better on pg. 19!)

Neither the "Basket" or User's Guide are really "references" -- they're best read front to back. So the eDGe, like so many devices, takes time for discovery.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:35 PM   #25
mark.r
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by netrobot View Post
And although the graphics in the on-board User's Guide (PDF) are too small and low-res to be very useful, the guide is a good first read too. (although it's description of the notification bar on pg. 73 is wrong, and it isn't much better on pg. 19!)
When you want to see images in pdf or ebook files use the snapshot icon (the camera) in the reader's menu at the top of the screen. When you touch the icon it will take a picture of the page and immediately display it on the android screen in color. You can zoom in to the area of interest on the android side.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:33 AM   #26
mcurty
Edge User

Took a little longer than expected to download to Ermine. The first download Update was to Dingo 1.6. I didn't notice anything telling me it would do that without asking. Then I Updated again and got Ermine Android 2.2.1.

Found the book reader apps in the Zip file from a reference on this forum and have a couple of my books downloaded. Right now I'm very happy with the PE. Will explore more apps tomorrow.

Thanks to the Forum members who are helping out us "newbies".

Last edited by mcurty; 05-12-2011 at 12:34 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 05-12-2011, 04:12 PM   #27
corvettejoe
Edge User

I just got mine today as well from Woot.
I had it shipped to work, so I have to wait until I get home to do the ermine update

Already used to hacking up an Evo (running CM7) so this will be a fun new toy to start playing with

Can't wait.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:30 PM   #28
emusan
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by violajack View Post
Argh, being patient is hard. My woot eDGe has moved from Texas to Denver and is scheduled to arrive in San Francisco on Saturday, bumped back from Friday.
Mine got pushed back a day as well but ended up arriving on the original day that they stated, they probably just pushed it back so it seems like they always deliver a day early.

Just got mine a few hours ago and I'm already fully updated and am posting from it right now.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #29
johnseeking
Edge User

This is a VERY sharp little gizmo, and I've hardly had any time to mess with it. Got it updated to Froyo at a coffee shop this afternoon (got a PILE of papers graded while I waited for the stupid Dingo update... kept restarting.) Can't wait for the weekend when I hope to get a chance to REALLY geek out on it. ^_^

Old 05-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #30
lorenzoens
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahli6 View Post
Wow. I just said that I was excited about getting it and saw that someone else just got their Wooted new PE too. This was the first thread I saw and replied to it. Sorry if I broke some forum rule by not reading from Thread One.

What a friendly welcome.... Not....
For doing such a question you do not know any ebook reader on the Earth, so it's a bit strange to find you here, as enTourage's products are the most advanced ebook readers on that same Earth (no joke). In every forum you go, prior to posting you should take a look around. At least, you should as long as you're on this ****ing Earth .