Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-05-2013, 12:28 AM   #4261
witchkitten
Enthusiast
witchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by spersephone View Post
I agree, in fact having a cart is more likely to make me buy four or five books, the cheaper ones make the overall total feel like less per book, so I justify buying more.

On a naughty day, I might buy five or so books, one after the other. But it's such a pain, and so is reconciling my bank purchases (Visa debit card) against my accounting program, and adding in the foreign transaction fees for each individual purchase.

If they had a cart, I'd probably be more likely to buy two or three books at once, and more often.
I would be more likely to buy more books too if they allowed me to add them to a cart for the simple fact that I wouldn't have to second guess my purchase multiple times. As it stands now, after each book I have time to consider whether I need another. I don't do that when I add them to a cart.
witchkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:10 AM   #4262
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
I think for me a cart could be good and bad. Much more convenient and would have time to second guess myself. But in the case of large purchases I could see the total and not thing "Oh, it's just another two dollars."
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2013, 01:44 AM   #4263
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by witchkitten View Post
They say there is nothing they can do. The system denied the charges. On my end it says processing so I'm hoping that in the end it will get figured out. I told the three customer service reps at the cc company that I thought this was a stupid way of doing things. In a world of e-retailing without carts such as Amazon's e-downloads and Apple's iTunes store (where most songs are priced the same) they shouldn't automatically deny anything. I could see them putting the charges on hold after the third or fourth one and calling me to verify that they're valid but outright canceling them without a way of reversing it is just stupid. Tomorrow I'm calling other banks to find out what their policies are and I may just switch over this.
I sure would switch. Mine is prepaid card so not sure what's going to happen when I talk to them.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:32 AM   #4264
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
New checkout just went live for my region. This is bad. Very bad...

...for my budget.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:45 AM   #4265
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Oh yep, I'll confirm that!!
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2013, 05:11 AM   #4266
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
It wasn't live for me when I checked it last time. I'm afraid to look.
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:13 AM   #4267
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicca View Post
It wasn't live for me when I checked it last time. I'm afraid to look.
Strangely enough it only shows up in Chrome not in the latest version of Firefox. I don't know how they determine which version of their site to show to visitors.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:18 AM   #4268
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Strangely enough it only shows up in Chrome not in the latest version of Firefox. I don't know how they determine which version of their site to show to visitors.
I think you'll find that Kobo works on the browsers separately - so just enjoy when at least one of them is working because none have worked in Aus on and off today with respect to the new checkout.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:05 AM   #4269
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
All they need to do is add egift cards back and there wouldn't be an issue like this.
Yes! I hate that they stopped selling those. A really, really dumb move on Kobo's part. Even if you never used it on your account, once you gave them the $50 for a gift card they had your money, immediately. Seems a no brainer to offer gift cards, plus I would tend to buy more expensive books rationalizing that I'd already paid for it whereas now I look at each charge and think "Do I really need this?" because nine times out of ten I'm not ready to read it anyway and got it because of a sale or code. With the gift cards I would be more likely to just buy it. Also now when people ask what kind of ebook gift cards I want for holidays I say Amazon. And Kobo lost those sales.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #4270
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
I am so annoyed! I signed into my New Zealand Kobo account to buy a book and forgot that my credit card info was on file. I hit the buy button instead of clicking on the link to enter a code so of course I was charged the full price. The irony is that "Karma" is part of the title of the book I bought.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #4271
Crusader
Space Cadet

Looks like my shopping spree is now at an end. I get a "Oops! Something went wrong. Please review your payment information and try again." message each time I try to checkout.

I wonder if my CC has blocked the card or is that a problem at Kobo's end?
Old 11-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #4272
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Looks like my shopping spree is now at an end. I get a "Oops! Something went wrong. Please review your payment information and try again." message each time I try to checkout.

Most likely on Kobo's end. Try in four or five hours and it will most likley work again.

Or just try buying somethign on another site...
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #4273
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightyume View Post
How big is yours? Mine is more than 200 but less than 250

That's the other thing, when it's LOTS of individual transactions it's harder to know exactly how much you spent.
Ouch. I thought *I* went crazy... 20 books for just under $20.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #4274
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
For those of you that couldn't use the magic code:

45%
GLuUqIF
gN598XC
gR8bgUb
HkjrkU3
Hp48r2x
HPQtV4Q
HSv493h
hTcxt7K
hthQUdW
Iau85LI
IngP356
IpencBz
Iph2ht8

I have some higher codes to give away. PM me if you want some.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #4275
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:

Call your Card company . A lot of people's card company are blocking Cards after using them at Kobo. I wonder if this because of Worldpay. In the many sales of Kobo I've never seen this happen like this.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals