Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-23-2010, 02:22 AM   #1
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
25% off discount at Kobo till 15 Dec

Here's a coupon code you can use until 15 December 2010 at the Kobo ebookstore.
According to the description its for 25% of ebook Bestsellers.
The code is "Save25Kobo".
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:05 AM   #2
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
I love these constant discounts so much (my wallet is not so fond of it). Thanks!
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
I've just received another 25% off code.
This one says "Save 25% off ALL ebooks - unlimited use!"

Discount Code: Nov24ww25

Offer Expires November 25, 2010
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #4
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Another version is Nov22ca25; exp Nov 24
These great titles: http://www.kobobooks.com/lists/Save_...InToPRA-1.html

But it probably works on many great titles. In fact, I bought something off-list. Woohoo!
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:33 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Another version is Nov22ca25; exp Nov 24
These great titles: http://www.kobobooks.com/lists/Save_...InToPRA-1.html

But it probably works on many great titles. In fact, I bought something off-list. Woohoo!
A book by George W. Bush is not a great title.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2010, 08:36 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
Here's a coupon code you can use until 15 December 2010 at the Kobo ebookstore.
According to the description its for 25% of ebook Bestsellers.
The code is "Save25Kobo".
Due to publisher restrictions promo codes cannot be applied to this item.

Thank you Agency 5. You really make buying your books not fun at all.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:40 AM   #7
mish
Addict
mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 2
Love the coupons, but it's too bad they DRM everything -- even the indie books!
mish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:19 AM   #8
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
too bad Kristin Hannah switched publishers from Random House to St. Martins. I just picked up a couple of her backlist titles for under $5 each but her newer stuff is Agency priced and remains unpurchased by me.

Love the coupons Kobo.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:29 AM   #9
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by mish View Post
Love the coupons, but it's too bad they DRM everything -- even the indie books!
They don't--but it is hard to figure out what books are DRM free. My experience has been that if I can download directly into Calibre (rather than have a stop in ADE land) then the book is DRM free. I understand that when you shop through mobile apps, you can see what books are DRM free.

Cory Doctorow specified in several of his recent talks that he lists his books on Kobo (and various other places) because they do NOT attach DRM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:33 PM   #10
mish
Addict
mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
They don't--but it is hard to figure out what books are DRM free. My experience has been that if I can download directly into Calibre (rather than have a stop in ADE land) then the book is DRM free. I understand that when you shop through mobile apps, you can see what books are DRM free.

Cory Doctorow specified in several of his recent talks that he lists his books on Kobo (and various other places) because they do NOT attach DRM.
Everything I've downloaded from Kobo has been one of those acsm files and goes directly to my Sony Reader Library (including the indie books I've bought). If I try to put a copy in Calibre it gets rejected so I assume it has DRM.

I'll have to try the app and see if I can tell if the books are DRM free or not.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:00 AM   #11
mish
Addict

I got the Kobo app but I can't figure out how you can see if a book has DRM. Does anybody know?
Old 11-26-2010, 07:10 PM   #12
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
All the non-drm ebooks I bought( Not many !) have downloaded directly ( ie as a pdf or epub) not via an acsm link.
As I understand it the acsm file sends an activation ID to the content server to create an encrypted ebook which you download so I guess all ebooks that use the acsm link are drm protected.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:17 PM   #13
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I used it to buy a couple of Australian books that would've cost a lot more (and been harder to locate!) in print -- instead I plunked down an astonishingly reasonable amount for instant Epub access!
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:29 PM   #14
Simon Wood
Addict
Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I caught this today.

www.kobobooks.com is giving 30% off any non-Agency book. Use coupon code Nov26ww30 to get the discount.
Simon Wood is offline   Reply With Quote