Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
2 full books added to kobo account library..for free!

Today after updating my desktop software, and then my kobo, 2 books appeared in my library, under my kobo account, they are full kepubs...and the odd thing is it says I purchased them today, which I did not...I don't even have a billing address in my kobo account...let alone any payment methods.
the sad part is there not good books , do you think I can trade them for better ones?
Anyone else have this happen to their accounts?
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekobo View Post
Today after updating my desktop software, and then my kobo, 2 books appeared in my library, under my kobo account, they are full kepubs...and the odd thing is it says I purchased them today, which I did not...I don't even have a billing address in my kobo account...let alone any payment methods.
the sad part is there not good books , do you think I can trade them for better ones?
Anyone else have this happen to their accounts?
If you've ever given them a credit card, they've saved it.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:15 AM   #3
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Are you sure of this? On the web site, if I "clear payment method", you're saying they keep the credit card info?

Thanks.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:27 AM   #4
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
I know they were giving a free copy of Taming Your Inner Online Menace, and for some reason I also got Skipped Parts as a second ebooks, when you installed the app (and the android version to IIRC). Perhaps they are still giving them away.

What titles did you get?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:29 AM   #5
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Are you sure of this? On the web site, if I "clear payment method", you're saying they keep the credit card info?

Thanks.
I think... I think, murg was teasing. It's always hard to tell with him. But, the image I get with murg's comment is some crazy Kobo dude with crooked glasses and a chaotic desk full of papers squiggling down everyone's credit card details with a multicoloured pen... so, I think murg's teasing.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #6
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post

Thanks.
I know they have saved mine, and then used it without authorisation when they first brought out QuickBuy and I ran afoul of it.

I'd presume that 'clearing the payment method' would clear the credit card details, but I don't really know, and I don't buy books from Kobo much.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #7
murg
No Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
I think... I think, murg was teasing. It's always hard to tell with him. But, the image I get with murg's comment is some crazy Kobo dude with crooked glasses and a chaotic desk full of papers squiggling down everyone's credit card details with a multicoloured pen... so, I think murg's teasing.
Nope, not teasing.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #8
clsdclsd
Zealot
clsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Touch
I've just got a book I definitely did not purchased. (It's Sex and the city By Candace Bushnell) This book appears in My Library, and I can read it, however it"s not in the "purchased" list. And it's not a free book. I wish I could send it to someone ho would enjoy this, like i got a "real" book which I'm not interested in... :-/
clsdclsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #9
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I got The Rake's Wicked Proposal By Carole Mortimer & Intertwined By Gena Showalter.
Both appear in my MY PURCHASES, and I have never given them a credit card number or any other payment method. I have had one book gifted to me, once.
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:30 AM   #10
murg
No Comment

Maybe it's the ebook fairy...
Old 02-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #11
Musashi
Zealot
Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4th Generation. Kindle Paperwhite.
I got Taming Your Inner Online Menace.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:59 PM   #12
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekobo View Post
I got The Rake's Wicked Proposal By Carole Mortimer & Intertwined By Gena Showalter.
Both appear in my MY PURCHASES, and I have never given them a credit card number or any other payment method. I have had one book gifted to me, once.
It looks as if your books were selected by the same algorithm that generates my recommended books selection.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #13
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
Oooh, I'm going to actually open my Kobo Desktop for the first time since Christmas Day to see if I get a free book. Never bought anything from Kobo, but I like Kobo lots so maybe they like me enough to give me random free stuff!

E-Book Fairy! Excitement!

Edit: No free books. Maybe I'd have to sync my glo for free books, but then I'd get new firmware. No thanks. Sniffle.

Last edited by Liesse; 02-27-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:59 AM   #14
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesse View Post
Oooh, I'm going to actually open my Kobo Desktop for the first time since Christmas Day to see if I get a free book. Never bought anything from Kobo, but I like Kobo lots so maybe they like me enough to give me random free stuff!

E-Book Fairy! Excitement!

Edit: No free books. Maybe I'd have to sync my glo for free books, but then I'd get new firmware. No thanks. Sniffle.
You can sync and see if you get new books, let the new firmware download and then delete the three firmware files from .kobo folder before unplugging your Glo

P.S. You don't want firmware 2.4.0? Why?
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:16 AM   #15
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
I didn't want to get 2.4 because it doesn't do series sort in the same manner as earlier firmware

I might have to though, if they are giving free books away.
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote