Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Stanza on iPod Touch OS3 problem with deleting books

I've just upgraded my 1st gen iPod Touch to firmware v. 3 because I had problems with accessing my calibre library from the Stanza app. That now works fine, but the 'old' books I had somehow seems to have become corrupted and cannot be opened ('unreadable book format' error message). When I try to delete them, Stanza crashes. I don't seem to be able to re-download them as they appear as already existing books. All the books are multi-format books from Fictionwise and I have been downloading them from Fictionwise.

I know I could also add them to my calibre library and download them that way, but I still have the problem with multiple titles in the Stanza list that doesnt work and I can't delete.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:32 AM   #2
sapiing
sapiing began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3GS
I am having the same problem - very annoying and no idea how to fix. Any ideas?
sapiing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2010, 05:07 AM   #3
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Try uninstalling and reinstalling Stanza? Uninstalling should remove existing app data, which should get rid of your corrupted books. Then redownload your books and everything should be fine.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:26 AM   #4
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Funny, I was about to post that I just did that Yep, it got rid of the old books - good suggestion.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote