Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-24-2008, 07:59 AM   #46
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
I am a member of another forum that tracks how long you have been logged on, If this forum did that mine would be in the days not hours category, Honestly I find myself getting up in the morning and opening my email and then my browser to point it towards MR and see whats new. Since I am currently deployed and Have no real access to the happenings of the world except via my MacBook Pro this sight consumes my down time. I even have it up while I am taking my college classes go figure.

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:26 AM   #47
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
I even have it up while I am taking my college classes go figure.

JJ
Not good, JJ. Seriously, not good. Work can be crap and a break's a break. But by my observations, if MR is interfering with classes even a little, you're doing yourself a disservice. I recommend completely walking away from MR for a month. After that, come back and have a gander but don't spend more than a few minutes a day then. Seriously.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2008, 08:44 AM   #48
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Was that an actual serious post from VR?

Head spinning...

I feel faint...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:37 AM   #49
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Was that an actual serious post from VR?

Head spinning...

I feel faint...
No (who so ever you are ! )

It was an illusiary post on behalf of the happy happy brigade on steroids and poppy seeds....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:43 PM   #50
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, it was me. Sorry for that. But you have to understand that I have two daughters in college. Both have struggled with avoiding all the distractions from studying that occur when living on a college campus - facebook, youtube, email, parties, hanging out, sleeping in, etc. One has succeeded in that struggle and is now a professional at using her better judgement when called for. The other one, though, seems to be down for the count. I find that sad and scary for young people to risk their futures when they've got this terrific once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that college is for most people. So if I see a student here poking around, I'd prefer to scare them away than ruin them by welcoming them into our chronophageous insanity.

Last edited by vivaldirules; 06-24-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Advert
Old 06-27-2008, 01:14 AM   #51
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Not good, JJ. Seriously, not good. Work can be crap and a break's a break. But by my observations, if MR is interfering with classes even a little, you're doing yourself a disservice. I recommend completely walking away from MR for a month. After that, come back and have a gander but don't spend more than a few minutes a day then. Seriously.
Quote:
No, it was me. Sorry for that. But you have to understand that I have two daughters in college. Both have struggled with avoiding all the distractions from studying that occur when living on a college campus - facebook, youtube, email, parties, hanging out, sleeping in, etc. One has succeeded in that struggle and is now a professional at using her better judgement when called for. The other one, though, seems to be down for the count. I find that sad and scary for young people to risk their futures when they've got this terrific once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that college is for most people. So if I see a student here poking around, I'd prefer to scare them away than ruin them by welcoming them into our chronophageous insanity.
Wow,
It is nice to see someone taking an interest in my study habits, I appreciate the advice but my internet connection is so slow that while I am uploading my class work I hop over to MR to pass the time until it is done, I understand where you are coming from with your children's study habits, But at my age the only distractions I have are the wants and needs of my three kids. As for Risking my Future I think I am over halfway thru mine. I am going back to School to change professions after I retire from this one in a couple Years, It never hurts to diversify ones skill set. But Seriously VR I am Flattered that you were thinking of my well being. Tell your kids stay in school don't do drugs

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:59 AM   #52
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
here at MR, we care about YOU.

(oh yeah, and also : JJ says, "don't do drugs.")
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:52 AM   #53
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Wow,
It is nice to see someone taking an interest in my study habits, I appreciate the advice but my internet connection is so slow that while I am uploading my class work I hop over to MR to pass the time until it is done, I understand where you are coming from with your children's study habits, But at my age the only distractions I have are the wants and needs of my three kids. As for Risking my Future I think I am over halfway thru mine. I am going back to School to change professions after I retire from this one in a couple Years, It never hurts to diversify ones skill set. But Seriously VR I am Flattered that you were thinking of my well being. Tell your kids stay in school don't do drugs

JJ
In that case, welcome, JJ (well, of course you were welcome no matter what anyway). Party hearty, dude!
Old 06-27-2008, 08:23 AM   #54
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
They obviously had a good teacher to emulate...
Old 06-27-2008, 08:29 AM   #55
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
They obviously had a good teacher to emulate...
You've put your finger squarely on it.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:35 AM   #56
GeoffC

Quote:
You've put your finger squarely on it.
I am here to serve...
Old 06-27-2008, 08:39 AM   #57
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I am here to serve...
How about breakfast? Coffee, black, OJ, and two slices of whole wheat toast (fresh and hot, please, none of that "let's let cool off until it's ice cold" stuff). And would you mind bringing the morning's NYTimes, while you're at it, please? Thanks at ya!
Old 06-27-2008, 09:13 AM   #58
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
How about breakfast? Coffee, black, OJ, and two slices of whole wheat toast (fresh and hot, please, none of that "let's let cool off until it's ice cold" stuff). And would you mind bringing the morning's NYTimes, while you're at it, please? Thanks at ya!
See, if you had a Kindle then your NYT would delivier itself every morning.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:26 AM   #59
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
See, if you had a Kindle then your NYT would delivier itself every morning.
Ouch...

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, unutterable silliness