Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #1
d.culloch
Derek
d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.

Device: touch
Exclamation Cannot connect to kobo site when using hotspot

When I connect my Touch to the Colleges Wifi guest hotspot the Touch connects to a www.apple.com/library/test/success.html address and then freezes instead of connecting to the college server.

I now know the Touch cannot access the colleges login page but I would like to know why it takes me to the apple site?

d.culloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:04 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I'd guess that someone in the colleges IT dept. is being "clever" with redirects.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2012, 08:15 AM   #3
d.culloch
Derek
d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.

Device: touch
Nope, the college server is not responsible for the redirect. My friend who works as a system analysis in the colleges I.T. department and owns a Touch is not sure why this happens.
d.culloch is offline   Reply With Quote