Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #1
JBlyth
Connoisseur
JBlyth doesn't litterJBlyth doesn't litter

Device: Kobo, Kobo Touch, Ipaq 214, HTC WildFire Android
Kobo Desktop/Web Library confuses KT database??????

I have been having strange problems ?since upgrading to the latest firmware, as books that I have previously read keep showing up as unread on the Desktop Application and the KT.

If I manually "read" some books in the desktop app, many of them become "unread" within minutes (the green READ" ribbon disappears). This is then transferred to the KT and my "read" books appear on the main KT screen yet again.

The only way around this that I have found seems to be to delete them from the I'm Reading page of my Kobo Library on their website. This seems to be very messy.

Sure, I can avoid using the desktop application, but it is also screwed up if I use Wireless as the fault seems to originate with the data received from the website.

Has anyone had a similar experience or can offer a work around????? I do use Calibre, but this seems to be quite separate from the known Calibre issues......

Thanks
John
(Still in Takikawa Japan for another 10 days, and it has stopped raining at last)
JBlyth is offline   Reply With Quote