Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-23-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
tboneman
tboneman began at the beginning.

Device: none
Greetings

Hi,

I'm new. We live near the end of the N-S runway of Tinker Air Force base near Oklahoma City. It does get noisy but we never tire of watching the comings and goings of the big AWAC birds and other large aircraft.

We are Internet folks. We typically spend 12-16 hours a day out here. I have joined this forum because I was just introduced to Sigil and calabre. I have a rough copy of an ebook almost ready.

Both programs are installed. I'm using Open Office to write/create the ebook for Kindle. Which brings up a question. I understand that Kindle prefers the HTML format. But when I convert a Rich Text chapter to html, it spreads the text far and wide across the page.

Will Sigil or calabre fix that? I've been careful to save everything I do in several formats so if one conversion doesn't work, maybe another one will. I think I understand why Sigil, which converts everything to epub. Is the reason why I need Calibre because it can convert epub to a format Kindle can use?

Appreciate. Thanks.

Wes
tboneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:29 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Wes and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Wes. You'd probably be better off, though, posting your specific question in the Kindle-dedicated sub forum here for quicker and experienced advice. Luck and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:48 PM   #4
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, sigil