Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 10:49 AM   #46
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by schroedercl2 View Post
Neil Gaiman...is he the one who wrote American Gods? Weird book. Good...but weird.
Yes, he wrote American Gods, and also the (IMO) brilliant comic book series Sandman.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:57 PM   #47
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
These are the authors I follow:
Jeffrey Carver
Christopher Paolini
Robert Jordan
Zane Grey
Meagan McKinney
Lynn Kurland
Sherrilyn Kenyon
Christine Feehan
Lara Adrian
Lynsay Sands
Alexis Morgan
J R Ward
Jillian Hunter
Lisa Kleypas
Nora Roberts
Carole Nelson Douglas
Dana Marie Bell
Lora Leigh
Shelly Laurenston

These are the authors I follow. I think there are some more but this will do for now.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:19 PM   #48
Sullivan
Connoisseur
Sullivan began at the beginning.

Device: none
I don't have any particular favourite authors but the last few books I've read that I've loved have been

Neil Gaimen
Nick Hornby
Stephen Fry
Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:24 PM   #49
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
All of the above plus all the ones not mentioned yet. There are authors I really like and read more than others but I am willing to give everyone at least one read.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 02:44 AM   #50
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Hmmm....other than the two that aren't writing anymore - one due to death, the other due to well deserved retirement; (at least I'm assuming her last book was, well, her last ), most of mine is "what series are must reads" rather than "which author".

However a couple do come to mind, these are authors that I will read anything they write, no matter if it's a series, stand alone, or something I've never heard of before.

Sharyn McCrumb
Joan Hess

Most everyone else, if I think I'll like the series, I'll pick it up. If I like it, I'll then read all of that series, but no guarantees if they go to a different series. An example of this is Jim Butcher. I adore Dresden, but Codex...not so much.

Oh, and the aforementioned others?

Charlotte MacLeod/Alisa Craig (deceased)
Barbara Michaels/Elizabeth Peters (as I said, since she's in her 80's, I'm assuming her last book was it - much to my sorrow.)
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:57 AM   #51
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
F. Paul Wilson
Brad Meltzer
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:27 AM   #52
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
F. Paul Wilson
Brad Meltzer

Brad Meltzer is an excellent read. I enjoyed his work on the series "Identity Crisis," which led to significant changes in the DC Universe that are still being felt to this day.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:45 PM   #53
Tori
Tori began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi I am pretty new here but I wanted to join this topic. My 'must reads' are :

Laurell Hamilton
Jean M. Auel
Nora Roberts
Lynsay Sands
Anne McCaffry(sp?)
Stephine Meyers

And there are a bunch more that I can't think of off the top of my head. I simply love to read and I can't wait untill I can get my e-reader!!
Tori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #54
DebT
Enthusiast
DebT began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Always get:
Steve Berry
JD Robb
James Rollins
Vince Flynn
Brad Thor
Jim Butcher (Dresden)
Neil Gaiman
Terry Pratchett

Stashed on the ebook for future reading as I have heard good things
Kathy Reichs (read the first one found it pretty good hoping the other few I got are worth it)
Kay Hooper (Bishop Crimes Unit; hoping its worth it)
Lee Child (heard the Jack Reacher character was good so going to start that soon)
DebT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:33 PM   #55
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Janet Evanovich. Her Stephanie Plum series makes me laugh so hard, I almost throw up.

People were looking at me funny in the post office line the other day.

Right now I'm really sad, because I'm on the latest in her series, and I know there won't be another for awhile..
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:00 PM   #56
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Janet Evanovich. Her Stephanie Plum series makes me laugh so hard, I almost throw up.
Not sure if that is something to look forward to
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:59 AM   #57
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:

Right now I'm really sad, because I'm on the latest in her series, and I know there won't be another for awhile..
Gee, Grandma--if books you like make you want to puke, how do you react to books that disgust you?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:07 AM   #58
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:

Ah, now I understand the title "Finger Lickin' Fifteen"

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_Evanovich
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #59
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I have NEVER been so glad to be wrong in my whole entire life!!!!!!! Elizabeth Peters isn't done!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Number 19 in the Amelia Peabody series, "A River in the Sky" is being released in April!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Nah, I'm not excited or anything.... )
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:22 PM   #60
nagler
nagler began at the beginning.

Device: amazon kindle
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I love my kindle! My favourite authors are; Stephen King, Anne Tyler, Steig Larsson, Henning Mankell, Patricia Cornwell- though the last few Scarpetta books have been disappointing, Stephen Fry - his autobiographies and last of all Bill Bryson.
nagler is offline   Reply With Quote