Notices

Old 03-06-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
Student1
Groupie
Student1 doesn't litterStudent1 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
DRM removal from PDF and subdirectories

Hi guys,

i am trying to remove some DRM from a few of my pdf so i can convert to other formats. I use PDF Password Remover v3.0, but it wont search for pdf s in subdirectories. Any software out there that you can dump a dir in it and it wll search in all subdirectories and then remove the drm? (would just be too long to do it dir by dir)

any tips are appreciated!

thanks!
Student1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:31 PM   #2
Student1
Groupie

No one has any idea if there is a software that does it, with gui or console?
Old 03-12-2009, 07:46 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Student1 View Post
No one has any idea if there is a software that does it, with gui or console?
You can certainly write a recursive script to walk the tree and then invoke what command you wish. This is a good exercise in script writing. How you need to proceed is dependent on what platform you are on.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:03 PM   #4
Student1
Groupie

K so i guess there is no script written like that yet, been ages i haven t done any programming... might check it but wished its something that was already made. Thanks for the info!
Old 03-12-2009, 11:58 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Walking a directory tree in Windows/DOS is not to hard. Just use the "for" command in a bat file.

Type

for /?

To see the options of this command.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:04 AM   #6
Student1
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Walking a directory tree in Windows/DOS is not to hard. Just use the "for" command in a bat file.

Type

for /?

To see the options of this command.

BOb
Thanks thats a great place to start!