Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-03-2014, 06:46 PM   #1
jreed3000
jreed3000 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Security warning

Hello. I've been using Sony readers for years primarily because of their support for public libraries. Now, after faithful service my PRS-T1 is telling me there are problems with the security certificates for both libraries that I use. The date on the Sony is accurate. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe
jreed3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #2
Plumadona
Groupie
Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle HD6, Kindle PW2, Sony PRS-T1, Nook NE1
After reading your post, I tried to check out and download a library book (Brooklyn Public Library) on my T-1. I got the same security certificate warning, but pressed ignore and kept on going. I was able to get on the site, pick out a book, check it out, download it, open it, and return it with no problem. Don't know how long that will last, though.

Plumadona
Plumadona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:50 PM   #3
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
see my post #3 in the other thread about epubs and the public library
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:30 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
see my post #3 in the other thread about epubs and the public library
Quoted:

Quote:
I usually do my library browsing on my PC and then transfer the books, but out of curiosity I just tried accessing the NC digital library on my PRS-T1. When I went to log in, I got a security certificate error. I clicked "continue" and was able to log in and view my bookshelf, holds, etc.

A quick googling of overdrive security certificate error turned up this link (this is not my library, just something I found via google)
http://library2go.lib.overdrive.com/...FAQAndroid.htm

quote: I got a 'Security warning' error in Android while browsing this site. What should I do?

If you get a security warning while browsing our website on an Android device, click 'Continue' to add the security certificate to your browser’s list of accepted sites.

Sometimes the Android Browser doesn’t have access to the most up-to-date security certificates, and thinks our website is a potentially dangerous page. We regularly update these certificates to ensure maximum security for you.

Please note, if you see this same warning appear for a website you are unfamiliar with or do not trust, you should tap 'Cancel' to avoid the site.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:17 AM   #5
jreed3000

Thanks. It appears the certificate issue is in regard to epub. Adobe certificate, I suppose. Were you able to check out an epub book?

Joe
Old 03-05-2014, 08:47 PM   #6
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I didn't try to download a book because my library allows only 4 checkouts and I am currently at my limit.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:48 PM   #7
4691mls
Wizard

OK, I finished and returned one of my books so I decided to see if I could check out another via the PRS-T1. When I went to sign in to the library I got the certificate warning and clicked "continue". After that, I did not see any more warnings and was able to download an epub normally.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:08 PM   #8
jreed3000

Thanks for the response. Did you get the certificate warning. I updated the reader and while I still get the message, I am able to download ebooks,
Old 03-10-2014, 10:40 AM   #9
4691mls
Wizard

Quote:
OK, I finished and returned one of my books so I decided to see if I could check out another via the PRS-T1. When I went to sign in to the library I got the certificate warning and clicked "continue". After that, I did not see any more warnings and was able to download an epub normally.