Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #1
BookArmor
Makers of the BookArmor
BookArmor began at the beginning.

Device: non
In the defense of BookArmor...

Hello. As makers of the BookArmor line of products, we frequently read the posts here on MobileRead to get a feel for how our products are being received in the market. We truly appreciate all of your posts and often try to incorporate your suggestions and complaints into our new designs.

Today, I am appealing to the community of MobileRead for help. A very unhappy customer has posted a negative review for BookArmor on the Amazon and Amazon UK sites. This customer did not purchase directly from us, and has never contacted us for assistance. Instead, he took his grievance to the public, without even giving us a chance to make things right for him. He is using the BookArmor for the BeBook Neo, yet has posted his review on all of our product listings: Nook, Cybook, Sony, Kindle, Novel, et al. For many of our listings, his negative review is the only one posted, giving a very one-sided view of the product.

If you have any experience with the BookArmor line of products, I implore you to visit either of the Amazon.com sites and post a review of your BookArmor. You do not have to have purchased your BookArmor from Amazon to post a review. While glowing reviews would be most appreciated , we're really looking for objective viewpoints to help balance his negative posting.

Again, we appreciate all of your comments, good and bad, as they guide us in our development of new products. We would welcome any comments from the MobileRead community.
BookArmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to the site!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2010, 04:36 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....

I can't offer any help other than to suggest you get in touch with Amazon, that review seems particularly malicious in that the exact same wording is used across the full range of products....and as such not relevant to some.... Good luck ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:02 AM   #4
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
There was an interesting article on the BBC Click program recently, (can’t find the link for the moment), covering this very subject, e.g. malicious negative on line reviews emerging as a new type of spam posted widely.

Amazon should be able to help.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:39 AM   #5
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, BookArmour, and thanks for your courage in asking customers to fairly and openly review your products.

The situation you describe appears to me to be irresonsible, perhaps even vindictive, and certainly not according to the rules of cricket. I've never used BookArmour yet, but when I'm next shopping around I will consider your response rather than the reaction of a single reviewer who seems to have a bee in his bonnet and doesn't play the game fairly and squarely.

With the new-found freedom, now enjoyed by everyone, to publicly review a product or service comes ethical responsibility.

Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2010, 08:46 AM   #6
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Welcome

Sounds like an abusive way to behave, on the customer's side. Do contact Amazon, like GeoffC said, it hurts you but it also hurts customers that aren't given a proper review.

And: I've been hearing a lot of good about your products, I hope you'll stick around in the forums!
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:11 AM   #7
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:21 PM   #8
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:42 PM   #9
BookArmor
Makers of the BookArmor
BookArmor began at the beginning.

Device: non
Hi All. And thanks for the welcome and support.

I actually have already contacted Amazon regarding the review. They have a very open policy regarding customer reviews, in that anyone, as long as they have made some kind of purchase from Amazon at some point in time, can post a review on any product listing. They have guidelines such as: you can not use obscene language or profanity, and you can't use the review section as an advertisement or promotion. But other than that it's pretty much open. I've laid out my case to them for the reviews being inappropriate and off-topic, since the reviewer is talking about a product other than the one where it's posted, but they "can't"/won't remove the reviews.

At this point I have little choice except to try to combat the negative review with some more balanced ones.

Again, thanks for the hearty welcome, and if you hear of anyone with a BookArmor, let them know that we would really appreciate their time and effort in posting some reviews on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk.

Oh, one more thing: There are several other threads discussing the BookArmor case. What is the policy of reposting my request on each of those threads?
BookArmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:13 AM   #10
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
One of our kindly mods will advise you, BookArmor. I think you'll find that duplicate posts aren't very welcome, but comments and responses in running threads, even if you must repeat yourself at times, are perfectly acceptable and well received. Good luck. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:08 AM   #11
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, cover, kindle, nook, sony