Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-13-2016, 07:13 PM   #1
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Instant Pot thread

This is for those that bought the Instant Pot on Prime Day.
Recipes and suggestions welcome.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:50 PM   #2
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Yahoo! Awesome thread!

If you bought the Duo, it makes amazing yogurt. I strain it for hours in the EuroCuisine strainer to Greek yogurt consistency, and usually skip the vanilla. I have saved the cost of the Instant Pot multiple times just by making yogurt (I love yogurt).

http://www.tidbits-cami.com/2015/09/...-yogurt.html/2
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2016, 08:53 PM   #3
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you like Chinese food, especially not-so-authentic Chinese take-out, you might like this one. I cut the sugar by half, it was still good.

http://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/...-and-broccoli/
Old 07-13-2016, 09:01 PM   #4
treadlightly
Wizard

I really like cabbage rolls, but I'm lazy. I used beef only.

Cabbage Roll Soup
Old 07-14-2016, 01:41 PM   #5
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Huh! I saw that device, but thought it was just a pressure cooker. So I didn't bite. I'll listen in here, for a while, to see what all it's used for. Then maybe I'll know, in time for the next sale.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2016, 02:45 PM   #6
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
http://www.hippressurecooking.com/

I've been using the Instant Pot Smart for over a year now. Used all the modes except for yogurt. Great device, especially when I've forgotten to defrost something for dinner.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 02:47 PM   #7
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This one does everything but yogurt
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006E7I7MG..._t2_B00FLYWNYQ
Old 07-14-2016, 03:00 PM   #8
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
This one does everything but yogurt
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006E7I7MG..._t2_B00FLYWNYQ
In other words, it doesn't do LOW pressure cooking, only HIGH pressure. (I was just over on amazon to see what the heck this Pot was, and I saw the comparison chart between the LUX and the DUO.)
Old 07-14-2016, 03:01 PM   #9
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
I keep planning to use the yogurt function, but keep running out of time. Also planning to make ricotta and Queso Fresco.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 03:05 PM   #10
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Jeez, did I misunderstand this thread title...
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 03:10 PM   #11
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Jeez, did I misunderstand this thread title...
Well, yeah, I wondered too. "What on earth are they discussing over there?!?" That's what got me here initially!
Old 07-14-2016, 03:18 PM   #12
treadlightly
Wizard

I make a big batch of steel cut oats and then just microwave a serving every morning.

2 cups steel cut oats
1 chopped apple
1/4 cup raisins
1 tblsp hemp seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds or any other hippie food
2 cups milk of your choice (I like almond)
4 cups water
cinnamon or vanilla if you like

Seal vent and press Manual for 4 minutes. Let pressure release naturally.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:18 PM   #13
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Well, yeah, I wondered too. "What on earth are they discussing over there?!?" That's what got me here initially!
Yeah, I thought: "This is MR, it can't be what it sounds like." Well, turns out it really isn't...
Old 07-14-2016, 03:24 PM   #14
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Yeah, I thought: "This is MR, it can't be what it sounds like." Well, turns out it really isn't...
The OP apologizes for any inconvenience you may have suffered due to thinking something else.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:29 PM   #15
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
The OP apologizes for any inconvenience you may have suffered due to thinking something else.
No need. No inconvenience caused, just a smile.