Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 10:07 AM   #1
Landrovan
Enthusiast
Landrovan began at the beginning.

Device: dr800sg
Manga on irex800

Hi,

I just got my new Irex 800. I first try to convert a manga (.cbz) to epub and sending it to the 800. When viewing, the image only take a little part of the screen. I mean that there is white margin on the left, right and the bottom of the reader. So i try to unzip the epub and send one image to the reader. In image mode, the image take about all the screen.

What can I do to view the manga in full size?
Thanks
Landrovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In the conversion settings under page setup choose the irex output profile
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
Landrovan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
In the conversion settings under page setup choose the irex output profile
I choose the irek 800 as the output profile, and I still got this problem
Old 06-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

strange, open a ticket and attach a sample cbz file
Old 06-05-2010, 11:45 AM   #5
Landrovan
Enthusiast

Ok I found this thread. It seem it's a problem with the 800. I install this extension on my reader and try it with a .cbz (not pass through calibre), and it give very good result.

So, is it possible to use calibre to output a .cbz so I can have all the processing you made to image (put in black and white, trim black edge, ...).

Thanks.
Advert
Old 06-05-2010, 12:08 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You can try outputting PDF instead. CBZ output is not possible.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:13 PM   #7
Landrovan
Enthusiast

Quote:
strange, open a ticket and attach a sample cbz file
Create ticket #5704
Old 06-05-2010, 12:25 PM   #8
Landrovan
Enthusiast

Quote:
You can try outputting PDF instead. CBZ output is not possible.
I try to convert my manga in pdf, but the resulting pdf has a file size of 0byte.
P.S. I use calibre 0.6.54
Old 06-05-2010, 12:35 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

this is on windows? update to at least calibre 0.6.55
Old 06-05-2010, 12:43 PM   #10
Landrovan
Enthusiast

Quote:
this is on windows? update to at least calibre 0.6.55
No, Linux (sidux (mostly debian sid)) 64 bits.

Since I use the calibre version from the debian repository, I will have to wait before testing version 0.6.55
Old 06-05-2010, 01:05 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I just tried it on linux and works for me (albeit with 0.7)