Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-11-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Is there a known problem displaying images in EPUB in AdobeViewer

Hi, I'm a new PB360 owner.

I know many people here choose fbreader/fbreader180 to read EPUBs. However, to those who use AdobeViewer, please can you tell me whether there is a known problem with viewing epub images (not the cover) in AdobeViewer.

I have been having problems with some images running off the sides of the screen. I raised an issue in the Calibre forum (this one https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83184 if you're interested) in case I was using the wrong output-profile during conversion to EPUB. Kovid was very helpful, as always.

To cut a long story short it appears that, currently:
  • the largest jpg image which will fit correctly on the PB360 screen in an EPUB in AdobeViewer is 393x469 pixels. An image of 590x775 pixels runs off the left, right and bottom of the screen. (590x775 is the max image-size Calibre creates in the 5" and 6" Sony Reader output-profiles).

• The same EPUB in fbreader is happy to correctly display the image of 590x775 pixels (which fills the screen). The 393x469 image also displays correctly, albeit small.

Does anyone else think that this looks like a bug with AdobeViewer on the PB360? The AdobeViewer image is only 40% of the pixel-size available in fbreader. Surely this can't be right?

I know the whole Firmware is due to be upgraded ASAP but I have not seen this image issue discussed here before.

I have included some screenshots:
  • The first two images compare ADE vs FBReader for a JPG image 363x469.
  • The last two images compare ADE vs FBReader for a JPG image 590x775.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp pix363x469_ADE.bmp (234.5 KB, 421 views)
File Type: bmp pix363x469_FBR.bmp (234.5 KB, 410 views)
File Type: bmp pix590x775_ADE.bmp (234.5 KB, 411 views)
File Type: bmp pix590x775_FBR.bmp (234.5 KB, 377 views)
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:45 AM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
I see the problem, but: The new firmware for the 302 ironing out the known bugs has been finished as of yesterday (beta version being tested right now). Therefore this problem can only be handled with the next version of the firmware.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2010, 06:33 AM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Thank you for responding, mtravellerh.

I'm new to this part of the forum, so I raised the issue more as a request for a second opinion than in any great expectation of an instant fix.

That said, I do think it should go on the pending list of "things to be looked at" after the new release is implemented.

Should I be adding it to the Sticky 'Bug Report' thread myself or is there some protocol for reporting problems.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:43 AM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Thank you for responding, mtravellerh.

I'm new to this part of the forum, so I raised the issue more as a request for a second opinion than in any great expectation of an instant fix.

That said, I do think it should go on the pending list of "things to be looked at" after the new release is implemented.

Should I be adding it to the Sticky 'Bug Report' thread myself or is there some protocol for reporting problems.
Just add this to the bug report referring here so you don't need to explain all over again. Thanks for the effort.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote