Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-08-2010, 04:22 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
HTML Tidy problems

When using Sigil as a way to quickly edit existing ePubs, there's a problem - HTML Tidy. It globally changes all the HTML, and sometimes breaks things in a user-visible way. (e.g. adding spaces between span elements.)

While the ideal solution is for HTML tidy not to change or break valid XHTML, what do you think of the idea of adding in a preference to turn off the application of HTML tidy?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:18 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I've been thinking about this for a while, and I'm not sure it would be possible. Large parts of Sigil depend on the HTML documents being valid XML (thus XHTML). Tidy makes sure that's always true.

What I could provide is an option to turn off the "clean" switch for Tidy. I'm guessing that's causing most of your problems.

And AFAIK I fixed the span spaces bug. Do you have reason to believe it has resurfaced?
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2010, 07:38 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
And AFAIK I fixed the span spaces bug. Do you have reason to believe it has resurfaced?
Apologies - I hadn't checked recently. Good news. I'll give it another go!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote