Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-15-2009, 11:33 AM   #1
tali3sin
Connoisseur
tali3sin began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Magic
Talking Well hey :)

I've been reading the forum for the last couple of days, doing research on pretty little gadgets that I can't afford.

What should I say about me? Hard to tell.
I'm a very poor English teacher in the Czech Republic, originally from Australia.
I used to hold an editorial position, and before that was a graphic designer.

Plus, I've been feeding a reading addiction since a very young age, at a rate that flummoxes non-readers ;-)

I love reading, I love technology, so... I figure I should fit right in here

So hi ;-)
tali3sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:39 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by tali3sin View Post
I've been reading the forum for the last couple of days, doing research on pretty little gadgets that I can't afford.

What should I say about me? Hard to tell.
I'm a very poor English teacher in the Czech Republic, originally from Australia.

Plus, I've been feeding a reading addiction since a very young age, at a rate that flummoxes non-readers ;-)

So hi ;-)
Well, welcome to MobileRead tali3sin.......yes, you'll fit right in.

But, even without a device, you can read a lot of our books here, and at www.feedbooks.com, and many other places.

enjoy the forums, and learn, my friend, learn!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2009, 11:41 AM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hello and welcome?

Quote:
I'm not sure why you would a poor teacher. Your English seems excellent.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:48 AM   #4
tali3sin
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Hello and welcome?

I'm not sure why you would a poor teacher. Your English seems excellent.

BOb
I'm obviously a poor English teacher if I couldn't see the flaw in my own sentence there ;-)

But, I meant poor financially... oh... unless you were making a joke, and now I'm over-explaining. Hmm.

Hey, cheers for the compliment though.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #5
tali3sin
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Well, welcome to MobileRead tali3sin.......yes, you'll fit right in.

But, even without a device, you can read a lot of our books here, and at www.feedbooks.com, and many other places.

enjoy the forums, and learn, my friend, learn!
Thanks for the welcome

And yep, I'm looking forward to reading book after book from this site (and others), as soon as I figure out how to read them on my laptop - without developing a headache.
Advert
Old 02-15-2009, 12:40 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi tali3sin and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:12 PM   #7
Polyglot27
Addict
Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Archos 80 G9, Sony PRS-650, Sony T1, Asus MemoPad.
Quote:

I used to teach English in Kyoto, Japan and edit a tourist magazine. I also worked in a small publishing house in Paris where I had to do the page layouts and cover designs. I emigrated to Australia in 1986 and only came back to Paris in 1999. I too had a reading addiction since childhood so it looks like we share a number of things.
Welcome to the forum!
Polyglot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #8
tali3sin
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyglot27 View Post
I used to teach English in Kyoto, Japan and edit a tourist magazine. I also worked in a small publishing house in Paris where I had to do the page layouts and cover designs. I emigrated to Australia in 1986 and only came back to Paris in 1999. I too had a reading addiction since childhood so it looks like we share a number of things.
Welcome to the forum!
Hah, small world.

Now I knew there were other people out there teaching English and flitting around the world, but editorial and design? Obviously we are the same person, uh, sort of.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:12 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hi tali3sin, where are you in the czech republic ? i've been to prague several times, it's one of my favorite cities in the world.

i saw your post about trying to get a bebook ; that should work, although it might take a little while. you might also put an ad in the flea market if you have anything you could trade ; maybe someone who is planning to upgrade (or has more devices than they can possibly use... there are a few like that around here) could be interested.

anyway welcome to the forum ; ebooks are a wonderful thing.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:22 AM   #10
tali3sin
Connoisseur

Hmm, something to trade...!

You love Prague, eh? Well, that's where I live
Yes, it's wonderful here. Although, being from Australia, I'm starting to get a little tired of the snow ;-)
Old 02-16-2009, 08:29 AM   #11
Polyglot27
Addict
Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Archos 80 G9, Sony PRS-650, Sony T1, Asus MemoPad.
Quote:
Yes, it's wonderful here. Although, being from Australia, I'm starting to get a little tired of the snow ;-)
Good thing we had very little snow in Paris. It snowed only twice this year.
I used to live in Paddington, Sydney but I'm glad I am not there right now, what with the heat wave and bushfires.
Where are you from in Oz?
Polyglot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:10 AM   #12
tali3sin
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyglot27 View Post
Good thing we had very little snow in Paris. It snowed only twice this year.
I used to live in Paddington, Sydney but I'm glad I am not there right now, what with the heat wave and bushfires.
Where are you from in Oz?
Yeah, Sydney as well - but down Sutherland way, if you can remember
Ah, near Cronulla.

Apparently the heat wave is awful, and the death toll on the bushfires (last I heard) was 189, and climbing. People are saying it's worse than Ash Wednesday :-\
And it sounds like it is.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:30 PM   #13
humblemumble
humblemumble began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I had thought about teaching english in costa rica, but i don't know how I would have done :P prolly a huge culture shock...
humblemumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #14
tali3sin
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by humblemumble View Post
I had thought about teaching english in costa rica, but i don't know how I would have done :P prolly a huge culture shock...
The culture shock hasn't been too bad really. The only time it really surprised me/us, is grocery shopping... and a few things get done differently here than in Australia

Don't know that I've even been home sick yet. So if I can do it, so can you ;-)