Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-28-2008, 10:48 AM   #1
digitalzen
Connoisseur
digitalzen doesn't litterdigitalzen doesn't litterdigitalzen doesn't litter

Device: none
Bedtime Stories—in the morning

My bus stop had a colorful new poster this morning. While I’m usually too groggy to pay attention to the street-side adverts, this one made me think of my dad and the crazy stories he used to tell me and my brother.

The poster is for a new movie called Bedtime Stories, where apparently the kids come up with story ideas that actually come true. Can’t say that that ever happened to me, but I might just go see this one for the fun of it.

Did any of your parents tell you stories? Do you tell stories to your kids? Here’s a trailer for the film, FYI http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/bedtimestories/
digitalzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:09 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
heh... fun premise for a movie !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2008, 04:55 PM   #3
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
That looks like it could be fun! I'll have to look for it. I love light, silly movies.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:23 AM   #4
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
That looks like it could be fun! I'll have to look for it. I love light, silly movies.
Says the woman shooting four arrows at once as she screams like a banshee. Just sayin'.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:44 AM   #5
digitalzen
Connoisseur

Quote:
In a world where we all take ourselves pretty seriously, it is good to have some lightness -- for sure! How about bubble gum balls raining down on ya? Found this still shot from the film...pretty fun eh?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bedtimestories1.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	17415  
Advert
Old 10-29-2008, 10:48 AM   #6
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Hmmm, Adam Sandler huh? Well, then it can be a hit or miss thing.

But the combination Disney + Adam Sandler ... I dunno....
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:10 AM   #7
digitalzen
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Hmmm, Adam Sandler huh? Well, then it can be a hit or miss thing.

But the combination Disney + Adam Sandler ... I dunno....
Yea I understand what you're thinking, considering Sandler's more "mature" humor in other films. But based on the premise alone (which is what caught me), it should be a pretty big hit. Sandler is great with kids, from what I remember of Big Daddy. I'm guessing Disney is going to emphasize his more family-friendly side. It just looks like one of those "let's see it again" movies, with all the special effects and stuff. We'll see when it comes out...

I just think fun, positive movies are too few these days. Sandler or no, I'd see it.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:59 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalzen View Post
In a world where we all take ourselves pretty seriously, it is good to have some lightness -- for sure!
i couldn't agree more.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:23 PM   #9
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Says the woman shooting four arrows at once as she screams like a banshee. Just sayin'.
Xena never takes herself too seriously. The show is full of self referential humor; very campy! The banshee scream is only to frighten The Bad Guys. You needn't worry, pshrynky. You'll only get the light touch of my whip, when I'm in a good mood. To draw you closer to me.....
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #10
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Xena never takes herself too seriously. The show is full of self referential humor; very campy! The banshee scream is only to frighten The Bad Guys. You needn't worry, pshrynky. You'll only get the light touch of my whip, when I'm in a good mood. To draw you closer to me.....
Ooh! Please?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:51 PM   #11
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Talking about advertisements on buses, Richard Dawkins is helping to sponsor atheist ads on London buses:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7681914.stm

which will certainly make a change from the evangelical preachy adverts that one often has to endure.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:09 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

heh. that's brilliant.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:19 PM   #13
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
No god? But there is the great french fry in the sky, right? I mean, right??
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:27 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
No god? But there is the great french fry in the sky, right? I mean, right??
it's SPAGHETTI, sheesh !! (how many times do i have to tell ya ??)
Old 10-29-2008, 09:30 PM   #15
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Spaghetti?? Why, you heathen! You'll be sent to you-know-where for believing stuff like that! Spaghetti! Get real. Everyone knows that it's a french fry. Sheesh.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote