Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 12-31-2013, 06:56 AM   #1
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
ebook from Marvin to Calibre

I have a couple of ebooks in Marvin on my ipad I want to put into Calibre. I've done it before, but dang it, I can't seem to find it again. I have Calibre for an ipad, not the new universal edition.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:31 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You can't copy files off an iPad. Presumably you have the book on your PC - copy it from there into Calibre.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2013, 07:40 AM   #3
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by drofgnal View Post
I have a couple of ebooks in Marvin on my ipad I want to put into Calibre. I've done it before, but dang it, I can't seem to find it again. I have Calibre for an ipad, not the new universal edition.
HarryT is probably unawares of the possibilities of the iOS Reader application plugin. If you have it installed, configure it for use with Marvin and connect your iPad. Then open up Marvin and from the Get Books select Calibre.

In Calibre switch to Device View and right-click on the book to add it to your Calibre Library

Additionally install MarvinXD if you also want to extract Collections information, annotations, progress and word counts. (MarvinXD replaces and adds Marvin specific functionality in the iOS application reader plugin, but still requires it to be installed for the connection itself)

Last edited by At_Libitum; 12-31-2013 at 07:44 AM.
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:00 AM   #4
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
More info about Marvin XD (plugin for calibre):
http://blog.marvinapp.com/post/61116544554
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=221357

iOS Reader Applications plugin:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=215624

You can also pull books out of Marvin using iTunes file sharing, or send them by email or to Dropbox (or whatever) by swiping the book to the left in the library and choose "Share".
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote