Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-17-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Can't install Nook Android app

I guess if your mobile carrier is Canadian you can't download the Nook app for your Android phone. I can't even get onto the B&N website from my phone. I tried to install it via my computer, but it won't even let me because of my carrier.

A have a NC and it works fine here as my address is set up in the US. If I go to the US, can I download it then? Because then I would be using a US carrier, so I should be able to, right? Or because of my google account being liked to my phone (and my carrier) will it still know and not allow me to download it?

Anybody know of any way around this? I had the Nook for Blackberry app on my bb, and it even let me download my books from B&N. That was months ago though.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:06 PM   #2
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Care View Post
I guess if your mobile carrier is Canadian you can't download the Nook app for your Android phone. I can't even get onto the B&N website from my phone. I tried to install it via my computer, but it won't even let me because of my carrier.

A have a NC and it works fine here as my address is set up in the US. If I go to the US, can I download it then? Because then I would be using a US carrier, so I should be able to, right? Or because of my google account being liked to my phone (and my carrier) will it still know and not allow me to download it?

Anybody know of any way around this? I had the Nook for Blackberry app on my bb, and it even let me download my books from B&N. That was months ago though.
Can you down load it to your computer and then transfer it to your phone?
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Nope. When I log into my android or gmail account it shows my service provider and is greyed out. If I scroll over it says "This item is not available on your carrier". Which is weird since my BB had the same carrier.

Can you email apps? Or what about that share apps app? Maybe somebody that has an android in the US can send it to me and I can somehow load it manually?
Care is offline   Reply With Quote