Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
jadine37
jadine37 began at the beginning.

Device: nook color, ipad
market apps not showing

hello, i just rooted my nool color. i went to download an app, which was the kindle app. at first it froze at starting download, i canceled and rebooted. i went back to the market and it said installed, but its not showing in my extras. i have to launch the app from the market. also there arent many apps showing. i'm new with this so i have many questions. in the nook tools folder is that a necessary step. i didnt execute it yet unless that is the problem.
thank you..
jadine37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:54 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
You need to reboot in order to see apps in Extras.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2011, 10:04 PM   #3
jadine37
jadine37 began at the beginning.

Device: nook color, ipad
apps

Thank you for replying. Ok i got kindle to show in extras. But when i am browsing the kindle store clicked a book it has a message about the mobile site browser not supported.i had noticed a similar message when i browsed before root. I will try reboot again. Unless i need to try another browser.
jadine37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:08 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, with the Kindle app you can't browse the store. Seems to be a problem with the NOOKcolor. You would have to go to amazon.com to browse. It seems the app is useful for accessing your Kindle books, not much else.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:14 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant

For web browsing I suggest using another browser. Try Dolphin HD. It has pinch to zoom.
Advert
Old 01-23-2011, 04:20 AM   #6
Rjl2001
Enthusiast
Rjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Nook Classic Wifi, Nook Color (rooted)
I downloaded dolphin HD off the marketplace but it was the new 4.3 an had no pinch to zoom. I've since found 4.2 online with the Nook and downloaded an. Api and.zip file but neither will open on the Nook any ideas?
Rjl2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:13 AM   #7
SCION
Séduisant

If you go back to Market you'll see the developer posted a link to 4.2. Look in the notes.

Open the link on your device and it will prompt you to save the file. It will be in your download folder on your SD card.

Last edited by SCION; 01-23-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:30 PM   #8
Rjl2001
Enthusiast
Rjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

thanks for the heads up, I missed the link in the app description to the older 4.2. But now that it is in my library under SD card downloads, how do I actually open/launch it? The icon for it shows a question mark, and doesn't do anything when I select it.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:37 PM   #9
SCION
Séduisant

Have you enabled non-market installs? Within the NOOkcolor Tools app make sure "Allow Non-Market Apps" is checked. If it's checked already, uncheck, then recheck. You may have to reboot.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:03 PM   #10
Rjl2001
Enthusiast

I rechecked it and rebooted but still not getting it. I'm accessing the file through 'library' as I don't have any other file manager downloaded.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:07 PM   #11
SCION
Séduisant

Oh, ok, download Astro File Explorer from the Market. Then try again using Astro.