Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
KukMan
KukMan plays well with othersKukMan plays well with othersKukMan plays well with othersKukMan plays well with othersKukMan plays well with othersKukMan plays well with othersKukMan plays well with othersKukMan plays well with othersKukMan plays well with othersKukMan plays well with othersKukMan plays well with others

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-fi US
I've got blot on Kindle 3

Hi. I noticed small blot on the screen yesterday. Thinking its program problem, I've restarted device. But blot didn't dissapear.
Kindle hasn't any manual damage, I don't miss it on floor etc.
It seems, Blot it is under glass, but glass hasn't any signs of damage. it is perfectly smooth as was early. I think, screen isn't damaged because it display something under blot. I think, it is between glass and screen.
Where have I got it from? I've sent several photos.

http://habreffect.ru/files/200/35a472153/IMG_6310.jpg
http://habreffect.ru/files/221/9d07c876d/IMG_6307.jpg
http://habreffect.ru/files/3a5/add342cad/IMG_6305.jpg
http://habreffect.ru/files/5a5/12d8b7bd2/IMG_6304.jpg
http://habreffect.ru/files/f59/bf79e752d/IMG_6300.jpg
KukMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:21 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Ewww! Use the link in my sig to contact Kindle Customer Service. The will send a new Kindle to you.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 03:30 PM   #3
KukMan
KukMan plays well with othersKukMan plays well with othersKukMan plays well with othersKukMan plays well with othersKukMan plays well with othersKukMan plays well with othersKukMan plays well with othersKukMan plays well with othersKukMan plays well with othersKukMan plays well with othersKukMan plays well with others

really? how uninstall my jailbreak and set new fresh firmware?
Old 10-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by KukMan View Post
really? how uninstall my jailbreak and set new fresh firmware?
for the best, yes
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:26 PM   #5
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
On my original K2 I had what looked like a faint smudge in the middle of my screen. Amazon cheerfully replaced it.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 10:30 PM   #6
Unolord
Unolord began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPod Touch
Mine has the exact same thing. Doesn't feel like a scratch. Called Amazon and they are sending a replacement.
Unolord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:32 PM   #7
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
This is called a "ruptured capsule". It happened to my iRex too. Ugly! They should replace it for you.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:18 AM   #8
KukMan

Is it e-ink screen so fragile? Why did this ruptured capsule appeared? How prevent this?
My kindle didn't get any physical damage.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:33 AM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Is it e-ink screen so fragile? Why did this ruptured capsule appeared? How prevent this?
Who knows why? Did you call CS?

What was the result?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:03 AM   #10
HelenaJole
Connoisseur
HelenaJole will become famous soon enoughHelenaJole will become famous soon enoughHelenaJole will become famous soon enoughHelenaJole will become famous soon enoughHelenaJole will become famous soon enoughHelenaJole will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3
I had one too. Got a replacement.
HelenaJole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:14 PM   #11
KukMan

I'll call tomorrow. I'll tell you about result
Old 10-14-2010, 02:16 PM   #12
loveangel
Banned
loveangel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
strange. keep us posted
loveangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:42 PM   #13
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
Quote:
I don't think it's caused by physical damage - mine had been sitting protected when it appeared. I don't think it's a very common occurrence though as there aren't very many references to this reported on mobileread.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:14 AM   #14
KukMan

I've called them, and they will send me new kindle =)
Old 10-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #15
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
can happen also if you overcharge/battery expands and puts pressure on the screen from the inside, rupturing the e-ink display =(
curstpriest is offline   Reply With Quote