Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 04-17-2010, 02:02 PM   #106
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, 4getmenot, and thank you for posting the solution.

Now that you have registered... start a new thread in the Introduce Yourself forum so we may welcome you properly.

Enjoy exploring all the forums (and MR's library of free books). Just ask if you want to know something and we will try to help.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:09 PM   #107
crucianbaby
crucianbaby began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
reader library still won't run for me. unf^*&ingbelievable!!!!
crucianbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:49 AM   #108
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by crucianbaby View Post
Have you contacted Sony?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:42 AM   #109
crucianbaby

on several occasions. i've been on the phone w/sony tech for a grand total of over 4 hrs!!! i was so desperate tonight i actually sent an email to Borders considering I purchased the sony b/c it was their reader of choice and i'm a border's rewards member. right about now i'm purchasing my books from all sorts of websites and using calibre to convert and store to reader. had a humdinger of a time w/drm protection though
Old 04-23-2010, 01:43 AM   #110
leonnyan
Enthusiast
leonnyan began at the beginning.

Device: PRS700BC
Quote:
I finally gave up on Sony for syncing my device. I use Sony Reader software only for purchasing. Once I have purchased, I use Calibre for syncing content to my device. This is not ideal, but it causes me less irritation than I got when I worked with Sony on this issue.

Regards,

Leon
leonnyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:24 AM   #111
Cxrman
Cxrman began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Finally found the solution !

Sony Ebook Library Problems? Come Here First

#1 Andybaby 03-03-2009, 09:16 PM

I believe this was posted on another part of the forum.

Many people come here with problems with the Sony Ebook Library software, and I've noticed the answer almost always is this.

Doing the Following seems to solve, Connection Issues, Sync Issues, and Crashing Issues.
(to help with Google Searches find their answer as this site ranks pretty high on google)
Ebook Library Crashing
Ebook Library Can't Connect
Ebook Library Can't Sync

To help correct your issue with the eBooks software please follow the
below steps:

Go to Start>Control Panel and open Add/Remove programs. Find and
uninstall/remove "eBook Library by Sony".

Open My Computer.
Go to Tools>Folder Options.
Click View and select “Show hidden files and folders” and click ok

Please delete the following folders as listed below:

For XP
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\kinoma
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Marlin
C:\Documents and Settings\%username%( i.e. you windows log in name)
\Local Settings\Application Data\kinoma
C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Local Settings\Application
Data\Sony Corporation
C:\Program Files\Sony\eBook Library

For Vista

C:\ProgramData\kinoma
C:\ProgramData\Marlin
C:\Program Files\Sony\eBook Library
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Sony Corporation
C:\Users\%usernam%\AppData\Local\kinoma

After doing so, reinstall your Connect Reader software from:
http://ebooks.connect.com/downloadclient.html
Also If you are having Connection Issues, Or Charging Issues with your Reader, make sure you are using the USB cable that came with your reader, this seems to solve all these issues too.
Cxrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:03 AM   #112
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
on several occasions. i've been on the phone w/sony tech for a grand total of over 4 hrs!!! i was so desperate tonight i actually sent an email to Borders considering I purchased the sony b/c it was their reader of choice and i'm a border's rewards member. right about now i'm purchasing my books from all sorts of websites and using calibre to convert and store to reader. had a humdinger of a time w/drm protection though
you would think these issues would be more important to Sony... since it is required to buy ebooks from them.

Sony, either FIX your software or allow ebooks to be bought with just a web browsers and ADE.

Yes, we finally found software that is worse than Adobe's.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #113
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
you would think these issues would be more important to Sony... since it is required to buy ebooks from them.

Sony, either FIX your software or allow ebooks to be bought with just a web browsers and ADE.

Yes, we finally found software that is worse than Adobe's.

BOb
You can, of course, use the Sony software to buy from their site and then use other software to sync to your device including ADE. It would seem that the additional security (fixes?) on Vista and Windows 7 are causing some connect problems and Sony hasn't figured it out yet and probably Microsoft doesn't even know the ripple effect of the changes. It would seem they are working on it. The problem with making software Idiot proof is the Idiots are so resourceful.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:19 PM   #114
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
You can, of course, use the Sony software to buy from their site and then use other software to sync to your device including ADE.
Not if you can't run the software. That seem to be the majority of issues I see here.. not the issue that they can run it, buy books but not sync.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:27 PM   #115
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Not if you can't run the software. That seem to be the majority of issues I see here.. not the issue that they can run it, buy books but not sync.

BOb
I believe that problem has been solved. I have not heard of very many people that still have it at least. I had it for a while but Sony did fix it. I don't use sync as I do not have a Sony device so I can't speak to that.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:26 PM   #116
crucianbaby

no, the software not running is definitely NOT solved for me. I've tried all the suggestions from different threads and several sony techs have attempted to fix the problem and nothing works. I don't even have windows 7 OR vista!
Old 04-30-2010, 09:31 PM   #117
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Everytime I attempt to check out, the software crashes and I get the following error:

Error Signature
AppName: reader library.exe AppVer: 3.1.0.0 ModName: fsk.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0008ecb3

Any clues? Or do I just need to go through the previous posts and do all that stuff?
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:25 AM   #118
JCB_Digger
eBook newbie
JCB_Digger began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Hi All,

I'm affected by this as well - I'm running Win7, it's the 2nd time I've been hit with this (once on an XP netbook which I eventually abandoned, the other on my current Win7 laptop), I get a couple of seconds of disk activity and then the Reader software sits sulking in Task Manager

I'm worried about contacting Sony (I'm a UK based user who's been buying books from the US store), would they kill my account and therefore I'd lose my $100+ credit balance?

Should I bite the bullet?

Regards, John
JCB_Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:48 PM   #119
JCB_Digger
eBook newbie
JCB_Digger began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
This isn't a fix, sorry, but a messy work-around, and you'll need to be tech-savvy to make this work for you, but it's working for me, so I'll share, in case it's useful to someone else.

I've set up a VMWare PC image running Windows XP with just the EReader software. I'll never be running Windows update, or installing anything else on this 'machine'

I download the books on it, and then copy them to my real, physical machine which is running Calibre.

It's working fine for me, and I now have a copy of the machine, which I know works which I can revert to if something goes wrong in future.

Hope this helps someone else.

Regards, John
JCB_Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:04 AM   #120
trout
Enthusiast
trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS 600
Reader Libray 3.2

Has anyone tried this update ,I managed to load it but same old problem it will not open!!
trout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad, experience, software, sony